Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > FireWire & USB Audio Interfaces (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-26-2013, 02:01 PM

Default Re: Mbox2Pro through LaCie Rugged Triple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
You are getting lucky running the video off your Audio disk, you should not be doing that.
But, but, but... its just so PRACTICAL! :-P

Running a session from the internal drive with the mbox connected directly to the imac works flawlessly. When it is connected via the lacie it fails to work regardless of where the session is located, even if its on the SSD.

About chaining the mBox first, wouldn't that mean that the lacie would be running at FW400? as the mBox is FW400?
Old 04-26-2013, 02:09 PM

Up until now I have been running my sessions off of the WDC disk, no problems there.. I guess I was just trying to be lazy, taking my "work disk" to shool so that I wouldnt have to copy the session every time. Only about a month left at school tho, so I guess I should just suck it up:-P
Old 04-26-2013, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martimeus View Post
About chaining the mBox first, wouldn't that mean that the lacie would be running at FW400? as the mBox is FW400?
Yes, but sometimes you just suck it up and try. Sometimes have to just try all and see what works.

Your real solution is to use the WD Caviar Black. If you ever want to run off the external drive, with our without the Mbox, it needs ot be a 7,200 rpm drive, or you are asking for problems in future.

And have I mentioned the need to carefully optimize your system?

Darryl
Old 04-26-2013, 02:29 PM

I am currently carefully optimizing my system :-P

Thank you for your help=)
Old 04-26-2013, 02:53 PM

Hmm.. Ok. This is interesting.
After going through the optimization page, running the mBox through the lacie worked with a session located on the WDC. I then tried opening a session located on the lacie, which gave me the error message. I then tried to open the session on the WDC again which allso gave me the error this time. Then tossed the pref files, and I can now run the session from the WDC. As tossing the prefs were part of the optimization, it would seem that the prefs get messed up somehow when I try to run a session from the lacie while having the mbox connected to it.
It is some progress I guess