Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-09-2001, 09:27 AM

Default The New Book

I seen the new book by David Franz on the website. I took a look at the first chapter and although it is basic (for a first chapter) it is written in plain english terms rather than in REFERENCE GUIDE TERMS.

What do you think about possibly getting the book? Do you think it will be worth it? Personally I know that I dont know everything and I am always willing to read a book twice in order to catch everything I missed the first time. I can never get too much information. If this book will possibly help me, i would be willing to spend the money. Which leads me to my next question...

I went to amazon.com and it looks like the same author has a book exactly the same for sale there but they use the word "Project Studio" on amazon and the words "Home Studio" on digidesign. I know they are the same thing, but is it the exact same book or not. I would think so, but it is $15 cheaper on amazon (Only $20) compared to Digi's price of $35.

That is a big savings, which is why i wondered if they were the same book.
Sounds like a very easy to read guide that would surely help. What do you think?

Thanks in advance for taking your time to answer.

Strata [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]
Old 09-09-2001, 01:52 PM

Default Re: The New Book

instead of that lame first chapter, they should use excerpts of some "get your hands dirty" stuff from the middle. looks a little beginner-ish judging from chapter 1......