Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-21-2012, 10:44 AM

Default Anybody hear clipping with the stock Compessor LimiterIII

I am getting lots of clipping when I use even a modest ratio at the most minimal threshold. This is making this plug practically useless for me . Anybody have a suggestion or possibly a better plug to check out. I really like the interface on the plug only reason I still use it when it actually works which is not that often. Suggestions recommendations fix,s workarounds anything that could help. Thank you
Old 04-21-2012, 03:39 PM

Default Re: Anybody hear clipping with the stock Compessor LimiterIII

Bring down the input gain. Plugins don't clip if your gain structure is correct.
Old 04-25-2012, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WernerF View Post
Bring down the input gain. Plugins don't clip if your gain structure is correct.
Exactly.. I have used this plug a lot, and never had a problem. Could be that you (OP) might try updating/reinstalling. I have had some of those issues before, but cant remember which plugs. ff
Old 04-25-2012, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WernerF View Post
There is no input gain on that plug. So I inserted a EQ before the comp just to lower the input gain on the comp but didnt work. Iv been having this problem since HD8 the 9 now 10. Im a audio engineer . If it clips turn it down in digital if its 2thirds up thats as much as I would ever let it be. Gain staging isnt a problem fror me . I keep my tracks at a modest medium output . Unless there is a problem with having the input gain at no higher than 7/10 peak .

The DIGI comp hasnt worked since I first had HD. I just never said anything because I had options in HD now in HDX thats all there is
Old 04-26-2012, 07:35 AM

Hi. I'm on PT8.0.3cs2 and I had a similar problem when trying to use that plugin as a limiter. I wasn't hitting it that hard at all and when I soloed the track I could really hear the fuzz (good technical term :) ) on it when it was moderately limiting. Like you, I picked another limiter.

Jeff