How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-26-2012, 10:59 AM

Default eleven rack + pro tools 10

hi,

i want to buy the new elevenrack + pro tools 10 bundle.
as a mbox mini + pro tools 8 le user, i know that pro tools is designed for use with avid hardware only. but i also know that pro tools 10 will work with non-avid hardware also.

my question is, will the pro tools 10 that comes with the eleven rack will able me to work with any audio interface , meaning not only avid's hardware ?

thank's
Old 05-26-2012, 11:56 AM

Default Re: eleven rack + pro tools 10

The PT10 that comes with the Eleven Rack bundle is that same as buying the box version of PT10, so the same requirements and compatibilities apply.

You can see what interfaces are compatible with PT9/10 here:

http://www.avid.com/US/products/Pro-...rdware-Options

Quote:
Third-party audio interfaces
With Pro Tools, you get the flexibility of using the software with practically any audio interface you already have or want. For ultimate quality and performance, choose an Avid interface or bundled hardware/software solution above. Or pair Pro Tools with any other audio interface that supports any of the following drivers:

ASIO
Core Audio

The Eleven Rack is an interface as well, so its not like you wont have an interface.

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 05-29-2012, 12:50 AM

another question...

on eBay, some of the bundles include pro tools le 8, and some pro tools 10.
does the eleven rack bundle comes originally withe pro tools le 8 -so retailers just advertise it with 10 because avid usually allows upgrading to pro tools 10 if you buy the bundle after October 1, 2011 ?, or that the new bundles already include pro tools 10 installation disk ?
Old 05-29-2012, 04:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oplatner View Post
another question...

on eBay, some of the bundles include pro tools le 8, and some pro tools 10.
does the eleven rack bundle comes originally withe pro tools le 8 -so retailers just advertise it with 10 because avid usually allows upgrading to pro tools 10 if you buy the bundle after October 1, 2011 ?, or that the new bundles already include pro tools 10 installation disk ?
When the 11R was launched a couple years ago PT LE8.0.1 was included. Until about 6 months ago the 11R Bundle was still shipping with LE8.

Ok, so, the official word from Avid is that if you purchase a bundle that includes LE8 then you are not eligible for a free upgrade to PT10.

However, it looks like Avid is indeed giving purchasers of the old bundle free upgrades to PT10 and the ERXP.

BUT, because the official statement says that LE8 bundles are not eligible, then I will suggest you purchase a bundle that states PT9/10 is included.

You will actually be better off to get a bundle that states the inclusion of the ERXP and PT10 because it will include an iLok in the box which is needed to run PT10, and the unit will have less of a chance of being affected by the "sample rate" bug that some older units suffered from.

If you purchase a LE8 bundle and they do give you the upgrade to PT10 you will need to purchase an iLok (unless you already have one)

Quote:
Q: I just purchased a Pro Tools System or v9 Upgrade, do I qualify for a free upgrade?

A: You’re eligible to receive a complimentary upgrade to Pro Tools 10 or Pro Tools HD 10 if you've done one of the following:

Purchased and registered a full version of Pro Tools 9 software—or an Avid product that included Pro Tools 9 or Pro Tools HD 9 software—on or after October 1, 2011. (register your purchase).

Purchased a Pro Tools 9 upgrade or crossgrade, or a Pro Tools HD 9 upgrade, on or between October 1–20, 2011.

If you're eligible and registered your purchase, you'll receive an email with instructions to activate and download your complimentary copy of Pro Tools 10 software.

Note: If you purchased a product that included Pro Tools LE, you are not eligible to receive a complimentary Pro Tools 10 crossgrade
http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/e...ools_System_or
As I said, from reports from several people who bought an LE8 bundle, it looks like Avid is giving the PT10 upgrade to purchasers of NEW old stock LE8 bundles - BUT, because the only official statement I can find says you are not eligible, I have to recommend you purchase a bundle that states that PT10 and the ERXP are included.

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 05-29-2012, 04:14 AM

great ! i'll do that.

thank you.
Old 05-29-2012, 07:34 AM

You can still get it on sale at audiomidi.com for $689. I don't know if that matches what's on Ebay, but audiomidi is a very good reputable dealer.

http://www.audiomidi.com/Pro-Tools-p.../dp/B005LG0XTG