Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools | Intro Discussion

Old 09-24-2020, 08:27 AM

Default projects dissapear from dashboard

in pro tools first i finished a project i had been saving in the cloud as one of my 3 available. i wanted to free up space so i went to the dashboard. i clicked remove from cloud and instead of switching from blue too grey it just dissapeared. how do i stop this from happening and save this project locally? and is there a way to recover what i lost
Old 09-24-2020, 09:05 AM

Default Re: projects dissapear from dashboard

Are you using the latest version of PTF?

I'm not following since the options for projects in the Dashboard are as follows:

Rename
Remove Local Cache
Delete

Remove Local Cache will just remove the local files, but they will be stored in the cloud and you can sync and continue at any time.

Delete will delete the project from the cloud and you will not be able to work on it again. This will free up one project from your limit of three.

When the project is gray it means that you created it with the option to backup to the cloud disabled, meaning it will only exist locally on your computer.

Local projects in PTF show gray in the dashboard and give you the option to Rename, Delete or Backup to Cloud.

If you chose Delete, then all of your local files will be removed for that project and it will not be available to work on anymore.

I'm not sure what you clicked, but if you continue to work in PTF, I would get the latest version from your Avid account, then make sure you are selecting whether or not you want could backup when you create projects.

From there, it should be pretty easy to manage your projects. One other piece of advice is when you are backing up to the cloud, make sure you have the Pro Tools Task Manager window (Window->Task Manager) open so you can see when your project has finished syncing to the cloud. It is important to wait for all sync jobs to complete before closing PTF.

System Details
Old 09-24-2020, 11:15 AM

Thanks. I just updated to the latest version. When I click the down arrows on a project in the dashbord, a blue one saved in the cloud, I see that save to cloud is checked. When I go to uncheck it it warns me that the project will only be saved locally. That's what I want! But when I click ok the project disappears from the dash.
I might have saved it before task manager was through. I didn't know about that before
Think I'll just save all projects locally from now on so I can revisit it later if needed
Old 09-25-2020, 10:10 AM

Unfortunately the old projects may just be in an unrecoverable state.
I would just create a simple, throw away, project just to play around with. This way you can try the various options and make sure syncing to the cloud is working for you.

System Details
Old 09-26-2020, 02:34 PM

I found the projects. guess the dahsboard does not save the most receint ones at the top any more. my projects were there, turned grey indicating that they were locally saved. they were just further down. sorry pro tools world