How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-02-2016, 06:26 PM

Default Very Frustrated

Hi All,
I am very frustrated with my current licensing situation and am seeking guidance from the community. I have a PT 11 license and after receiving the email from Avid entitled "Our Pro Tools Trade-in Programs Are Changing" in November 12 2015, I purchased a license upgrade for $99 from Amazon.com (official ships from and sold by) December 29 2015. When I went to activate this today it said my activation code had expired. I contacted AVID support and received the following:

"Thank you for contacting AVID. Upon verification on the product that you had purchased. The system is correct since this activation code is no longer available and it already expired last Feb. 15, 2016. You need to communicate to Amazon to have a refund. The correct product that you need to purchase in order to update to Pro Tools 12 is the reinstatement plan."

I tried to explain my case more explicitly but I felt I was not understood due a frustratingly wide language barrier so I asked for my case to be forwarded to a supervisor but have not heard back.

I rushed to purchase this upgrade before the end of year and there is no indication on the package or online of an expiration date and now I have to purchase a reinstatement? How is this possibly okay? If new sealed boxed items *expire* there should be an explicit indication of this and there most certainly were not any communications in packaging, from Amazon (on the site or in email), nor from Avid. I have NEVER been in a situation like this or received a response like that about a product I recently purchased in many years of my relationships in professional audio.

Thanks all for your help.

Last edited by musicalnyc; 03-02-2016 at 08:01 PM.
Old 03-03-2016, 04:01 AM

Default Re: Very Frustrated

Hey Buddy

I am in total understanding of your frustration. Avid have pointed out that the 31 dec 2015 was the cut off date but also gave a 6 week leaway for people who may have been unable to activate around Christmas and New Year.

In any case I will send this off to Avid and they might start a case for you.

Hang in there and someone will either PM or email you with what to do here.

All The Best
Christopher

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 03-03-2016, 07:09 AM

Default Re: Very Frustrated

Thank you Christopher for writing and thanks for understanding my situation and forwarding it. I am hoping to receive some word from Avid that they will rectify this.

Last edited by DigiTechSupt; 03-05-2016 at 05:27 PM. Reason: Resolved via Case 02911984.