Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-08-2013, 08:36 PM

Default SOLVED! Programmable 5 Button Mouse Issues In PT 11.2...

Is anyone successfully using a programmable 5 button mouse with Windows 8 and Pro Tools 11.2?

I have two Microsoft 5 button mice (Explorer 3.0 and Comfort Mouse 4500) and, while all programmed buttons work in all my other programs, with the exception of Acronis True Image Home, I cannot get the button's programmed assignments recognized in Pro Tools 11.2, they act just like regular "dumb" mice. They worked fine in Windows XP and Pro Tools LE 8.0.5.

I've tried fresh installs of Windows 8 with Pro Tools 11.2, Pro Tools 10.3.7 and various "Run In Compatibility" modes - and always run Pro Tools as Administrator - and also various mouse drivers with various "Run In Compatibility" modes as well and always run the installer as Administrator.

Is anyone successfully using a programmable mouse with Pro Tools 11.2 on Windows 8 and if so, which one? I'm thinking of getting the Razer DeathAdder Black as it's been compared in size and weight to my favorite mouse, the MS Explorer 3.0, but don't want to spend the money if it's not going to work.

TIA
SonoBus
Source-Connect: brucehayward
Options for Remote Direction

Last edited by The Weed; 12-15-2013 at 11:53 AM.