Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools | Intro Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-29-2019, 02:35 PM

Default Re: "The Project owner has deleted the shared project" - offline Projects lost

Any software, free or paid, should never delete any file from a local drive without the permission of the user, otherwise, it gets classified as a software virus.
Sorry to say, currently Pro Tools First is a "virus" and needs to be resolved ASAP.

I say it was the fail-proof catch when PTF only allowed 3 cloud-based projects and wanted to make sure users could not extend it in any way, and they forgot to remove it.
Old 05-29-2019, 04:31 PM
Avid

Exclamation Re: "The Project owner has deleted the shared project" - offline Projects lost

We have isolated the cause and posted an alert and a fix is in progress. To avoid this problem in the interim, please do not start an internet connection with Pro Tools open if you have offline Projects.
Old 05-29-2019, 05:07 PM

Default Re: "The Project owner has deleted the shared project" - offline Projects lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt View Post
We have isolated the cause and posted an alert and a fix is in progress. To avoid this problem in the interim, please do not start an internet connection with Pro Tools open if you have offline Projects.
Thank you AVID for following up on this issue and trying to resolve it. Much appreciated.
Now at least I'm happy that the 2 hours I spent demonstrating the issue and posting the video will help many users (and AVID) of major despair

I anticipate 2019.6 update coming soon
Old 05-29-2019, 05:33 PM

Wow! I've just briefly looked at the alert Avid posted on this problem, and it would seem to also be an issue with the paid versions of Pro Tools!

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk
Old 05-30-2019, 02:13 AM

Thanks Avid but I am confused by your alert in which it says

"Until further notice, please be cautious if you have locally saved Projects—if your internet connection is lost please quit Pro Tools before you restore your internet connection. (Note this does not apply to locally saved Sessions.) !

I thought the issue WAS with locally saved projects / sessions or are projects and sessions two different things?

Anyway glad you are on it. Ive got nothing better to do so if you want someone to test the fix in the wild i will be happy to do so.
Old 05-30-2019, 06:26 AM

As far as I know project and sessions are different. Projects were online only until the latest release of PTF. Now you can save them locally or in the cloud. Sessions are not a feature of PTF but are how full PT stores to disk.

At least I think that’s how it works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-31-2019, 06:19 AM

Maybe sightly off topic but I want to test PTF on my laptop in preparation for a trip ill be doing soon. At the moment on my main PTF desktop PC I have one offline project that I really would be devastated to lose. Can I safely open up PTF on the laptop which currently has no projects on it, safe in the knowledge that if it encounters this error it will not have any effect whatsoever on the other Main PTF PC that currently has my offline project on it I Cant afford to lose?
Old 05-31-2019, 08:37 AM

Default Session Disappeared from Open Start-up Window

Hello! A couple sessions have disappeared from my Open window at start-up in Pro Tools First. Any idea why? Is there a way to recover those?

Thank you!
K
Old 05-31-2019, 09:00 AM

Default Re: Session Disappeared from Open Start-up Window

See the other thread: "the owner has deleted shared project". This will explain a lot.

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk
Old 05-31-2019, 09:45 AM
Avid

Post Re: "The Project owner has deleted the shared project" - offline Projects lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barryd View Post
Maybe sightly off topic but I want to test PTF on my laptop in preparation for a trip ill be doing soon. At the moment on my main PTF desktop PC I have one offline project that I really would be devastated to lose. Can I safely open up PTF on the laptop which currently has no projects on it, safe in the knowledge that if it encounters this error it will not have any effect whatsoever on the other Main PTF PC that currently has my offline project on it I Cant afford to lose?
Hello Barryd,

The problem occurs when a computer with offline-only Project(s) starts an internet connection. If you are working on a second computer it would not affect the Project(s) on your first computer.

Since you expressed concern about your recording we would recommend that you export your Project (full mix or individual tracks). To preserve individual tracks for mixing later:
  1. Solo a track
  2. Disable any plug-ins
  3. Go to File > Export... Audio Mix ("Multiple mono" for mono tracks and "Interleaved" for stereo)
  4. Repeat for other tracks
This will create WAV files which could be imported into a new Project if needed. The new files will be in Documents/Pro Tools/Bounced Files.

Best regards,
DTS