Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-29-2013, 05:40 PM

Default Please HELP pro tools 10 and OS X mavericks

HI there hows it going.. i just downloaded that stupid OS X mavericks and I've experienced nothing but crashing on my pro tools 10 .. it won't let me uninstall anything.. [bleep][bleep][bleep][bleep] I'm trippin hard here.. anyone else have this problem ? how do i get rid of this maverick [bleep][bleep][bleep][bleep][bleep][bleep][bleep][bleep]... I'm trying to uninstall pro tools and its not completing..
Old 10-29-2013, 05:49 PM

Default Re: Please HELP pro tools 10 and OS X mavericks

Yeah, the installer won't work on Mavericks as Avid stated here.

http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?p...38#post2094638

I would think you could just install Mountain Lion over top of Mavericks but I haven't tried it myself.

Mixing and Mastering click here to get started.
Old 10-29-2013, 07:15 PM

It was only just released a few days ago, it is obviously not going to support a lot of third party software yet, that is common sense. Do you run time machine? If not you will have to do a clean install of 10.8
Old 10-29-2013, 07:59 PM

yeah i guess I'm not fully into specs and updates .. i just thought it was a new update that wuz for new apps like iCloud maps safari iTunes ect. had noo clue in hell this would affect my pro tools.. wow.. makes me a stupid fool and ill never every update again.. this is bullSh*t .. like how tha hell would a person know? i didn't think to search n review about it.. but I guess u learn the hard way and next time I'm not upgrading to [bleep][bleep][bleep][bleep].. [bleep][bleep][bleep][bleep] I'm pissed at apple for that. and mad at myself for doing the stupid upgrade.anwayz i warn all people who are thinking of doing this.. STOP and DONT! otherwise u might have to back up everything on your desktop and they will clean your whole system out! now i gotta wait till tomorrow!! F***CK@@#@##
Old 10-29-2013, 08:04 PM

I'm sure a patch for PT will be out soon. For future reference always run time machine or manual backup (Like carbon copy clone), especially when doing such a major upgrade
Old 10-29-2013, 08:23 PM

yeah i watched a video on optimize your computer for pro tools .. and he said time machine was supposed to be off.. for better pro tools sessions.. i have no idea how it works or what to do.. cuz i use a external hard drive.. and never messed with time machine.. what exactly does it do?
Old 10-29-2013, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew Mazurek View Post
Yeah, the installer won't work on Mavericks as Avid stated here.

http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?p...38#post2094638

I would think you could just install Mountain Lion over top of Mavericks but I haven't tried it myself.
yeah i phoned tha apple guys and he told me to back up everything cuz they gotta reinstall the older version i had back and its gonna be all new again .. so i just backed up everything i had on my hard drive to external .. and wait till tomorrow.. this really is a downer .. I'm never gonna upgrade .. screw that noise.. lesson learned!! i guess a person didn't think that this would have faulty issues with pro tools.. but wow now i know NEVER EVER Doin this again!
Old 10-29-2013, 09:52 PM

Quote:
and he said time machine was supposed to be off.. for better pro tools sessions..
I would have to disagree with this. If you are worried about it just schedule the backups to occur during a time when you are not working with Pro Tools. Time machine is one of OS X's best features and is incredibly easy to setup.

Follow the instructions on the apple site to setup time machine, but you basically insert a blank disk and switch time machine on!
Old 10-30-2013, 12:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmitchell View Post
I would have to disagree with this. If you are worried about it just schedule the backups to occur during a time when you are not working with Pro Tools. Time machine is one of OS X's best features and is incredibly easy to setup.

Follow the instructions on the apple site to setup time machine, but you basically insert a blank disk and switch time machine on!
I agree on the recommendation that AUTOMATIC time machine should be off, because you never know when it's going to start and mess up your PT performance. But you can still use time machine manually. Choose a backup disk and after first backup turn it off. Then later on, just click on the grey time machine symbol and choose back up now. Easy. And you decide when to back up, not your computer.

Janne
Old 10-30-2013, 12:48 AM

Never update your OS without checking that all of your apps are compatible

Never trust any company that sells an OS (or gives it away)

If your mother tells you that she loves you, get conformation

"Fly High Freeee click psst tic tic tic click Bird Yeah!" - dave911

Thank you,

Craig