Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-20-2002, 04:14 PM

Default Anybody know about Recording Workshop in L.A.?

Anyone know anything about the Recording Workshop out in L.A.? I live in Cincy Oh and I'm moving out there in Janruary to go to the school. A friend and I are both going out for the program... It sounds like a reallly good program that would teach me alot but....just askin!!! =D
Old 06-20-2002, 04:50 PM

Default Re: Anybody know about Recording Workshop in L.A.?

It's about 1/2 mile from where I live. But that's about all I know about it! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] Actually, it's just across the street from my rehearsal studio, where I'm going...right now!

6am eternal
Old 06-20-2002, 05:37 PM

That's cool...hey btw, I liked your music. You have a full band or is it just you or...? I'm also going out there to pursue my band
'dIsRuPtEd sToMaTa" Which currently is just me..... When I get out there I need to find a good drummer/sequencer. Eventually I want to put togeather a full band but I want to be in controll of how things go untill we get everything going. When I get out there I'll have my demo done/ press kit/ promo 4color posters/ business cards/ t-shirts. Ready to go.. hehe. What's the "Industrial" Scene like out there?
Old 06-21-2002, 12:15 AM

Hey Kickin, is your rehearsal studio there on Weddington across from NRG? I used to have one there at the yellow building on the north side of the street.
Old 06-21-2002, 12:16 AM

Huh, no, it's on Lankershim.....it's called "Amp Rehearsal", and it's right across the street from Recording Workshop.

Hey peneslapepe, thanks for the kind words on my music. It's just me right now but I'm going to put the band together this summer. You should give me your email so I invite you to my shows!~ The industrial scene here is great, a lot of "gothic" people, they all love the make up and all that sh;t, people dress up like crazy when they go out here. Marylin Manson could walk in the middle of a crowd unnoticed. If you wear jeans and t-shirt you are a weirdo, or a "freak". Hahaha!!! You'll love it.

BTW, do you realize that you are actually moving to L.A. forever? I mean, you don't have the choice: People come to L.A. but no one ever leaves. I came here for just 6 months of school. Yeah, well, that was 4 years ago and I'm still here. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

6am eternal
Old 06-21-2002, 09:16 AM

Interesting...a little like Hotel California, huh? I came to LA for a year of school (M.I.) back in the 80's and I'm STILL here... [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

PT 2021; MacBookPro M1; 16GB; Spectrasonics; Native Instruments, Toontrack, Waves...too many plugins.
Old 06-21-2002, 09:25 AM

I am a native So Cal valley guy (panorama city) and what the hell was I thinking when I moved to denver? Doh!!! I so want to move back.
Old 06-21-2002, 09:43 AM

Hey David,

is it a lockout space, or just an hourly rental? I'm looking for a lockout space (would prefer west-side, but valley is not so bad) - do you have a contact number for 'Amp Rehearsal'? The hourly rates for the nicer places in town have been killing me!

Set me up on your email list, I love to go see live shows in town, and I figure I might as well support a fellow DUC'er while I'm at it!

[email protected]

thanks!

kevin
Old 06-21-2002, 01:26 PM

Cool Kevin, I'll put you on my mailing list! Amp rehearsal is an hourly place and is pretty expensive ($12 to $20/hour). Their phone number is (818) 761 2670.

I used to have a lockout in Hollywood, that was $550/month for a spacious room. They had smaller studio for half that price. Spacious is probably 20'x20' with a sink and a private restroom, small is 10'x10' or something like that. That was on Hollywood Blvd between Ivar and Vine, next to the hair-dresser, a black wooden facade, you can't miss it (in case you want to pay them a visit).

I am looking for a lockout here in the valley, hoping to find something decent in the $300 range, but have no idea where to look either. Let me know if you find an idea.

6am eternal
Old 06-21-2002, 01:28 PM

Moved here for a girl when I was 23, back in '95. Stayed with her less than four months. Never left. Now I just go back to Philly to visit.

Do you L.A. guys get out much to see any live music?