Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App

Old 10-23-2019, 06:47 AM

Default Follow up protools control 19.9.1.7

1st off, I apologize for the length of this post...

So avid got back to me with some suggestions and all of them ( I freaking tested every single one !!) Didn't fix the issue . I still have to launch the app 5 or 6 times before it connects. This didn't happen with any of the previous version

SIDE NOTE :

Takes AVID days to get back to me , They haven't bothered to call me even though I've requested a F***g call over a week ago..
( im pretty disappointed in AVID CS...this is the kind of service we seem to get with our support plan folks!!) Last time I had an issue it took 2 weeks for a call back!!!!

Now back to subject at hand ;

Here's what they wrote ...(in my opinion this is some stock answer they have in their tech support archives but I may be wrong). Luckily I actually have all the suggested solutions; none of which worked except the one I describe at the very bottom of this post.

"Hi, A EuCon-enabled device (Pro Tools Control, Artist Series, S6, etc) disappears and reappears only in the following conditions: - Network conflict (eg. IP Address and Subnet Mask mismatch) - Intermittent connectivity In your case, it is most likely an intermittent connection. But just to be certain, further isolation is needed: 1. Disconnect or turn off ALL network ports (Ethernet, WiFi, Thunderbolt, etc.), except that of which connects the iPad to the Mac computer 2. In System Preferences > EUCON, make sure that the correct Network Interface is selected where the Pro Tools Control app will connect 3. Launch the Pro Tools Control app, and observe EuControl Settings on its connectivity Under these conditions, if the same problem occurs on both workstations you have tested this with, and they are using the same WiFi Router, change the router OR directly connect the iPad to the computer via Ethernet through a chain of Apple Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter and USB 2.0 to Ethernet Adapter. Regards, Avid Global Customer Care"

One work around that worked but cuts off internet connectivity is I did a " Create Network " in the wifi set up.. ipad connected immediately but you loose internet... very odd issue and what's more odd same exact issue happens across a few computers and different iPads... I suspect this is more their software and not my ineptitude.

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0007185/
coryrizos.com
Old 10-24-2019, 10:01 AM
Avid

Default Re: Follow up protools control 19.9.1.7

Firstly I apologize for any delays our CS department took to get back to you. I don't want to make excuses but we have 80000 customers using the App so sometimes there's a lot going on.
I don't think this is a widespread issue as we would have got a lot more posts on here considering the number of users. Have you done the complete uninstall of EuControl including remove Prefs option yet (using the installer)?
Old 10-24-2019, 10:32 AM

Thanks Eddie, appreciate you jumping here...
So yes I've done everthing that was suggested. I thought perhaps it was my router so I swapped routers and at 1st the PT/Control app connected right away. Then this morning after boot up it was doing the same thing again. So I shut off wifi ( I'm now connected via Lightning/Ethernet) and once wifi was off... PT-Control app engaged 1st launch.
Then I turned wifi back on again.

I'll be faced with this issue when working in my other studio since the iPad there is wifi only right now ... and it seems regardless of having a hard wire scenario the PT/CONTROL app has difficulty connecting.

Is there a way to completely remove all aspects of eucontrol from the mac .. I followed instruction but are there prefs left over somewhere ? Or hidden files ?

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0007185/
coryrizos.com
Old 10-24-2019, 10:38 AM
Avid

Running the installer and removing all Apps and All prefs does the trick leaving only the Custom Softkeys.
It sounds like something is disturbing the network somehow and the App then doesn't recover the connection. The best thing there is to force quit it and relaunch. I know this doesn't help but we are improving this for the new Avid Control App later this year.
Old 11-09-2019, 09:56 AM

I'd like to chime in and say I've had the exact same problem. Just picked up a Dock and a new iPad, updated Eucontrol and it took 6 or 7 launches of the Control app before it connected. Same behaviour in that it would show up on the lists in Eucontrol and then disappear.

J.R.
Old 11-11-2019, 03:51 AM

FWIW I've the same issues connecting PT Control to my DAD AX32 via Eucon, since the latest Eucon updates (see also other thread: http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=406490&page=2).

The disconnects are better with 19.9.1.17 than 19.9.097 (iPad iOS 13.1.3), but getting PT Control to connect to AX32 takes multiple trials of starting and restarting the app...

I hope the December version will bring solutions...

Greetings,

Thierry
Old 12-06-2019, 03:26 PM

Just to chime in here, having the same problem. I had this working before updating to the latest version. I made the cardinal error of hitting 'update' on the app on my iPad for whatever reason, and then discovered I had to update eucontrol on my iMac as well, and now I can't get the iPad air1 to connect whatsoever. I tried some of the suggestions, trashing the app on the iMac as well as prefs, Ive started restarted many times nothing, no go.

iMac with 2019.6, eucontrol 19.12.071 and latest app on iPad air1. Oh, and apple router using 5G network, all working.

I have little time left for this.
Old 12-06-2019, 03:38 PM
Avid

Can you confirm the version of the App in the Settings About tab in the App.

In EuControl are you saying it wont show up at all in the ALL Surfaces box ?

Have you tried force quitting the App or restarting the iPad

Also when you say trash the App and prefs...I hope you mean uninstall from the Installer not just drag them to the bin ?
Old 12-06-2019, 03:48 PM

The version numbers are posted above. And no it won’t appear in the all surfaces window whatsoever. Everything was great before updating.

I didn’t uninstall from the installer I’ll try that next then.
Old 12-06-2019, 03:50 PM
Avid

I dont see the App version above ?

When uninstalling select remove all apps and remove all prefs