Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-11-2012, 09:14 AM

Default Re: 2 Questions re: Low Latency monitoring

I had an issue today where LLM would just not switch on. Trashed the prefs and all that (which was made doubly harder thanks to Lion's "feature" of hiding the Library folder), still not working. Reset all the I/O, no joy. Ended up going up to the "Hardware..." under Setup and selecting "Set To Default" for all the Main, Analog In and Digital submenus. This fixed it. Hoorah!

But....

Then I recorded a vocal which then played out of time on the timeline! (Late). This was cured by having to turn Delay Compensation off.

So, got there in the end, but not without half an hour of p*ssing about wasting time.

This sort of stuff isn't endearing me to HD|Native at all. Semi - fücking - pro.
Old 09-11-2012, 10:23 AM

Default Re: 2 Questions re: Low Latency monitoring

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightrambler View Post
I had an issue today where LLM would just not switch on. Trashed the prefs and all that (which was made doubly harder thanks to Lion's "feature" of hiding the Library folder), still not working. Reset all the I/O, no joy. Ended up going up to the "Hardware..." under Setup and selecting "Set To Default" for all the Main, Analog In and Digital submenus. This fixed it. Hoorah!

But....

Then I recorded a vocal which then played out of time on the timeline! (Late). This was cured by having to turn Delay Compensation off.

So, got there in the end, but not without half an hour of p*ssing about wasting time.

This sort of stuff isn't endearing me to HD|Native at all. Semi - fücking - pro.
I have to say, none of these stories are making me rush to 'upgrade' from my TDM rig..I hope AVID get all these issues sorted for everyones sake, as I'm far more likely to end up with HDnative than HDX in the future..

B Rig: (Home/Office). M1 Mac Studio - 64gb ram - OSX 12.7.1, PT Ultimate2023.6, HD Native Thunderbolt, Omni, Avid Artist Control

http://www.lostboysstudio.com