Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-14-2009, 01:25 AM

Default Transfer of Ownership (PT8 Software upgrade only)

Hi guys.

So, basically, here is the situation. The company i work at recently purchased 2 brand new Pro Tools 8 software Upgrades, and we then received both. Unfortunately, upon registering these 2 products, i accidentally registered both in my personal Digidesign account, as opposed to the companies, and was given the serial numbers.

What i would like to know, is whether or not it would be possible to either:

1. Unregister both products, then re-register them in the correct user profile of the company or

2. Simply do a transfer of ownership of the software from my user account, to the correct one.

I have read the 'transfer of ownership' document, but I'm not sure whether that applies if there is no hardware involved, or if you only need to transfer ownership of the software.
I have all the information of my own profile, the company's profile, and the registration confirmation e-mails for the software. Can anyone let me know which method is possible and/or easiest to do from here.

I am located in South Africa. Thanks guys.
Old 07-14-2009, 02:07 AM

Default Re: Transfer of Ownership (PT8 Software upgrade only)

I'm pretty certain you cannot transfer the ownership of software.

You may be able to have CSA change the registration details if you entered them in error?

http://www.digidesign.com/tsr
Old 07-22-2009, 08:38 AM

Default Re: Transfer of Ownership (PT8 Software upgrade only)

Surely it can't be more complicated than just moving the ownership to the other account? Or even merging the accounts. Man my work is gonna slate me for this.