Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-2013, 09:12 AM

Default the document could not be opened because it was created with an older version of P T

Spent the last 36 hours researching the DUC and the web and haven't been able to find a successful answer for my situation. Both the session file and all back ups of the session files are corrupt. All audio files are corrupt. But all files are "there" and they appear to be the correct size. When attempting to open or recover the audio files the best I have heard has been some audio and Lots of white noise. I am assuming the headers are corrupt. I am no expert at hex editing, but I attempted repairs with SoundHack, WavFixer and a half dozen other repair programs. No luck. :-(

Depending on which session file I try to launch the response varies between " it was created with an older version / it was created with a newer version " excuse.

So has anyone found a successful recovery methodology for this situation? Audio file recovery or the actual session file recovery.

Thanks!

Matt

Pro Tools HD 8.1.1
Mac Pro 2 x 2.8 Ghz Quad Core
10 meg of ram
OS version 10.6.8
Old 07-27-2013, 07:33 AM

Default Re: the document could not be opened because it was created with an older version of

I've been able to save some audio files before by grabbing the wav files out of the folder and inserting them in a new project and starting from scratch....It's weird all the audio files have white noise...Never heard of all the audio being bad...Maybe that section of hard drive went bad?....I guess that could do it...Sorry, I'm not much help....moon