Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > ICON & C|24

Old 10-28-2004, 02:24 AM

Default patchbay?

ok, i just got my control24 about a week ago and im trying to figure how to setup my patchbay. I want to leave the mics plugged in all the time but i want to be able to patch in a different preamp or compressor or something but i dont know exactly how to set this up. Any advice on how to set this up or how anyone else has theres setup is appreciated. Thanks
Old 10-28-2004, 06:20 AM

Default Re: patchbay?

Check out the pics on my website http://www.pbase.com/riadanza/studio Check out the Wiring pics on the bottom.

What I did is XLR into the mic pres on the C|24 to mini quick connections on the back of my patchbay, you would then do the same thing with the D-Sub connectors on the back of the C|24... then if I want my Avalon to be routed to the 1st mic in on the control 24 I just patch it in.

Rob
Old 10-28-2004, 06:04 PM

Now that's a nice studio!

What kind (brand) of patchbay are you using? I have all the lines from the recording areas and all my preamp inputs on XLR patchbays, but they take an awful lot of space. I've done so in order to patch mics in and out without worrying about shorting things out by using TT or Jack plugs when patching phantom-powered mics.

Stein Tore
Old 10-29-2004, 02:15 AM

ya id also like to know what kind of patchbay you have. Mines a crappy one and its 1/4 inch. I also dont completely understand what your saying. So you went mic straight into the control24 pres. Then how did you route it to your patchbay from the control24 pres?
Old 10-29-2004, 05:09 PM

Looks like Bittree. The programmable ones I think.

"Fly High Freeee click psst tic tic tic click Bird Yeah!" - dave911

PT11 System Requirements link http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/C...m-Requirements

Thank you,

Craig
Old 10-30-2004, 12:22 PM

Thanks!

It's a mini quick switch... you can order them here... http://www.patchbays.com/Shorti_quickswitch.htm

You have to buy the crimping tool with it but it's very easy to do and as you can see really cleans up the patch. And unlike soldering the connections to the back of the patch, you can pull them off the back and move them to another location if you need to.

Rob