Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2010, 02:52 PM

Lightbulb M-Box set up help connecting with Focusrite ISA Digital One Setup Please HELP

In Pro Tools how do I set it up so the Mbox can get the signal from the Focusrite ISA Digital One, Im really new to this and have no idea how to do this! Can you give me a step by step instructions, because i know it has something to do with the settings on Pro-tools. Please help!

This is what my set up looks like

http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/1...one02rearl.jpg

Its connected to the Input

http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/7...oxstorypic.jpg
Old 11-29-2010, 02:16 PM

Default Re: M-Box set up help connecting with Focusrite ISA Digital One Setup Please HELP

fyi- This m-powered you should post in the forum Le and you might get more accurate replies. I own M-powered so I am not super familiar with LE devices.

Looks like you might be missing the breakout cable for the Focusrite. There should be a break out cable with spdif in/out on it. You will also need a spdif digital cable (looks like rca sort of) Below is a general instruction for any Spdif type syncing.

1. connect Focusrite Spdif OUT to Mbox's Spdif IN.
2. connect to computer and turn everything on
3. go to Mbox Program/mixer and set the clock to External spdif sync.
4. In pro tools choose spdif inputs. (might have to set up in i/o routing in pro tools)

I am not sure if it will let you just create mono track and record just the left side. You might have to record in stereo unless you go to your i/o setup and create a mono Left routing.
Old 11-29-2010, 02:49 PM

Default Re: M-Box set up help connecting with Focusrite ISA Digital One Setup Please HELP

just found this in a the product ad for the isa digital card! I am pretty sure you need to buy the breakout cable separately!!

copied from add for you digital card!!

*To access the digital signals from the 9-pin D-type output connector, an AES or S/PDIF D-type conversion cable must be purchased separately in the following configurations:

AES cable: 9-pin D-type to 4 male XLR, S/PDIF cable: 9-pin D-type to 4 male RCA phono

later,

scott