Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 10-06-2008, 06:33 PM

Default Protools LE Error on install (7.4.2 on 10.5.5)

Hello all,
I'm trying to install the clean install of LE 7.4.2 onto my iMac running 10.5.5. I haven't had protools installed on this particular computer before. The install goes smooth until the summary, where it tells me:

! Install Failed !
The installer could not install some files in "/".
Contact the software manufacturer for assistance.

All seems fine when I open Protools, until I discover that there are no plugins. No inserts or audiosuite menu or anything. I checked the plugin folder under "library" and it's empty. Clearly, this is where the installer had a hitch. I tried repairing permissions, then uninstalled and reinstalled. Exact same problems. Any ideas before I call the big guns?

Thank you.

-Nick
Old 10-06-2008, 06:50 PM

Default Re: Protools LE Error on install (7.4.2 on 10.5.5)

permissions

I'm finding that 10.5.x is vary temperamental about permissions

"Fly High Freeee click psst tic tic tic click Bird Yeah!" - dave911

PT11 System Requirements link http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/C...m-Requirements

Thank you,

Craig
Old 10-06-2008, 06:58 PM

If repairing permissions doesn't fix it, I believe the answer is to run the installer again, but un-check the Digirack plug-ins option when you're given the screen where you choose what to install. It should be able to finish the install that way, then you go back and run the installer again, this time selecting ONLY the Digirack plug-ins and it should be able to complete.
Old 10-06-2008, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slim Shady View Post
If repairing permissions doesn't fix it, I believe the answer is to run the installer again, but un-check the Digirack plug-ins option when you're given the screen where you choose what to install. It should be able to finish the install that way, then you go back and run the installer again, this time selecting ONLY the Digirack plug-ins and it should be able to complete.
I figured it was a permissions issue. I've already repaired and reinstalled.
However, I will try installing without the digirack plugins and then just installing the plugins.

Thanks for the replies. Stand by...

-Nick
Old 10-07-2008, 01:48 PM
Avid

Just in case anyone else comes across this, Slim's method is the way to go...
Old 12-02-2009, 07:28 AM

Hey, I'm experiencing an error with installing Pro Tools as well, I was wondering if anyone had any advice?
Here's what's going wrong:

I plug my Mbox 2 into my computer (running Windows XP) the install new hardware wizard comes up, and I don't touch it(like Pro Tools advises), I insert my Pro Tools LE (7.3) cd and go into my computer, and find the Pro Tools LE Installer folder, and run Set-up.
Everything goes perfect until it reaches the very end, it stalls and doesn't finish. The progress bar gets super close to the end and just stops, and does nothing. CPU usage goes to 0% and nothing happens. I left my computer at this stage for hours and still, nothing happens. I've found a few other people who are having the same issue, I only found one solution, and that was just that he needed to uninstall Internet Explorer 8, but I don't have IE8, so that doesn't seem to be the answer for me.

Any ideas?