Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2006, 01:22 PM

Default AV Alive + Raxxess = bad service!

I will try to make this brief, even though it has dragged-on since August.

I ordered about $700 worth of racks and parts from a company I found online called "AV Alive" . Ok, yeah I know! (now)

A week after I ordered I hadn't heard anything back from them so I emailed their customer "support" to find out when my items would ship, since they had already charged my CC.

I was informed that they had shipped one of the racks, and the other would go out "soon", but that my plex-glass door for one of the racks was on back order for a couple more weeks.

OK. Fine. A week later, I get one complete rack, and just the top of the other.
So I put the one rack together, and call them to find out when I will get the rest of the second rack. The guy I spoke to at AV Alive could not have been less helpful or snotty. He basically told me that there was nothing he could do and that I would have to contact Raxxess my self <!>

So I called Raxxess and spoke with a guy in their support dept. He was nice enough and apologized for the hassle, and told me that the rest of my order (minus the door, on back order) would be sent out that week. He also tossed-in two cheap rack shelves for my hassle. Nice gesture. OK.

A week later I get the free shelves, a few other items, but nothing to complete the second rack. So I call back and by this time I am getting a bit pissy. I talk to a clueless worker bee who tells me I can talk with the owner if I like. OK, fine.
So I talk to the owner of Raxxess, and she was quite short with me, and had a "like or lump it" attitude. She told me that AV Alive doesn't do very much business with Raxxess, and basically they just have the Raxxess catalog online and order stuff for drop shipment as it is ordered.

OK, so when will I get my stuff? She says they will send it out this week but the door is still back ordered until Tuesday September 26.

Another week or so goes by and I finally get my stuff (minus the door). Great!
I open the boxes and assemble the rack, then open the top to the rack which is angled, but is for the wrong side! They sent me two "left side" tops! Plus, the top was damaged in shipment with a nice chunk missing from the top, exposing raw fiberboard.

I call them again and tell them they sent me two lefts, and the woman starts arguing that I ordered two lefts! After much bullsh*t, they agree to send another top out. I get the top another week later and guess what? This one is a right top , but it too was damaged in shipment! Damn!!

By now I am so pissed with their shi**y service, that I decided to just keep it, since the damage was on a side that mostly faces the wall.

I just called them today to find out where my door was that they promised (again) to be delivered last week, and it was shipped on Friday, so I should get it this week. We shall see.

To summarize; I would NEVER recommend AV Alive, based solely on there crappy attitudes and lousy customer service. They didn't even email me tracking info.
I had to call to get it. Very little, and poor communication.

As far as Raxxess, they could learn a lot about customer service as well. The owner was a real witch with a capitol' 'B'. Just a little communication and customer care could have avoided losing me as a future customer.

BTW, I also have issues with their specs, because the holes in their rack rails are slightly off enough that some of my equipment can only be mounted with two screws.

I would recommend avoiding Raxxess, and for sure, AV Alive, although, admittedly, just their goofy name should have been the tip-off.

Cheers
Van

"All the truth in the world adds up to one big lie" :: Bob Dylan
¯