Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 11-20-2003, 04:44 AM

Default Very common problems with X and LE 6.

Hi all,

G4, M Box, OS X, LE 6

Like many other posts I have read, I too have the problem of the "Pro Tools Unexpectedly Quit" error and the reasonably frequent freeze or Grey Screen. I haven't come accross many solutions unfortunatley

I have tried everything (and I mean everything!- the problem has gone on for nearly ten months. ) - I have seen these types problems on other people's systems too.

What I am asking is;

a) The last thing to try is fitting a power adapter that evens out and takes fluctuations out of the power supply - Has anybody experienced similar problems and then had success with fitting such a device to electrical supply?

b) Could it be a simple case of the very fact that that OS X. and Pro Tools LE 6 are simply not working properly yet? If so has anybody experienced similar problems and then had success with downgrading their system to OS 9. and LE 5.

Please do share your experiences - it would be most appreciated at this time.

Regards,

Nessein,