Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-07-2019, 07:43 AM

Default OMFs w/ effects between Premiere and Pro Tools

Hey, so I exported an OMF of my sound files for editing in Pro Tools via Premiere 2019. I accidentally did this with the quick effects I threw on for my rough sound cut and now I'm stuck without access to the 2019 version of Premiere (I'm at school and they haven't updated yet and I can't do it myself obviously ).

Is there a way to strip all these effects in pro tools after the fact or are they hard coded into the sound files? I believe I did embedded with separate files (this is usually best practice if I recall). If that's not best practice then I have my default set to what is. I'm spacing on that right now.

Thanks for the help!
Old 05-07-2019, 10:36 AM

Default Re: OMFs w/ effects between Premiere and Pro Tools

You are probably stuck.

With Avid you can tell PT to ignore rendered effects and get the source clips. I don't know that it works with Premiere.