Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2001, 04:22 PM

Default Insert made inactive - Error 7053 (SOS)

"The plug-in could not be made active because DAE is low on memory. Error –7053."

This is the ugly error message I get whenever I try to open a certain TDM insert effect. This effect has always been quite obedient and well behaved in the past, but yesterday morning it suddenly rebelled, bringing down the entire kingdom (of my Protools session) with it.

I feel like Yertle the Turtle, sitting in the musical mud pile of my my session.

Obviously, I (and my session) were were relying quite heavily on this insert effect. It was like a plank of my ship. And now the storm comes, and right when I need it most, this plank up and jumps off the frame of the ship. And the gray, cold water rushes in and we begin to drift down into the icy arms of the sea.

Brrrrrr.

I'm sorry; I'm having a little too much fun with the drama of the thing. But it really is a nasty case. It's happened very near the end of an important session; now I'm going nuts... the whole pulling my hair routine and all.

So has anybody out there run into a problem like this? Error 7053? If so, please SOS.

Here are some more facts...

1. I'm using many other plug-ins on this session and they're all working fine... this insert alone is having the problem.

2. This synth sampling plug-in is very processor intensive and I believe it even using some processing of the host machine (a Mac G4) as well as a significant amount of RAM for loading samples.

3. In terms of DSP, I'm not cramped at all, not yet at least. I've got (at the very least) one whole mix farm card free for this effect to do it's thing... plenty of room for it to stretch it's legs.

4. This problem is not localized to this session... the plug-in has stopped working, even in new sessions.

5. I tried reinstalling an older version of the plug-in... it also did not work.

6. I set DAE's memory requirement's to obscenely high size in an attempt to fix the problem... no luck.

7. Perhaps it's inconsequential, but I did recently install more mix farm cards to my Protools system. This is the only thing that I can think of that has changed significantly. The insert worked perfectly with this change for at least a week or two. But could it be that it finally reacted somehow? Perhaps Protools spontaneously reallocated the location of some of the inserts, pushing this insert toward the new cards... perhaps this insert does not work with a high number of mix farm cards? Is there a way, therefore, to force a particular insert effect toward a particular mix farm card (i.e. a lowered numbered one).

8. I've never fully understood DAE buffer sizes, but I've settled in the past on the highest number (8). Things worked fine this way. Indeed, I might be wrong about this, but I think this has been the only way that all of my automation will work properly (or at all). Am I wrong? Please correct me if I am. Perhaps changing the buffer size will fix the problem. If someone out there really understands this whole DAE buffer size thing, please enlighten me as to how my settings my be encouraging this problem.

9. Lastly, if it matters, I already tried trashing the digisetup file and recreating another... again, no luck.

Well, there it is. Thanks so much for your help.

®obyn
Old 11-20-2001, 05:09 PM

Default Re: Insert made inactive - Error 7053 (SOS)

i have the same problem here. any answer ...any one? [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]
Old 11-20-2001, 07:11 PM

Default Re: Insert made inactive - Error 7053 (SOS)

Ever heard of the word TIME BOMB.

End of the line guys, now we all have to wait for it to come out so we can buy it.