Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > Partner Announcements

Old 02-16-2019, 06:28 PM

Default Re: Announcing SampleTank 4 - Avaiable for pre-order now

Quote:
Originally Posted by WKG View Post
I'm in for the pre-order, looks like a useful update.

Weird though, I've been an IK customer for years and own a ton of their stuff but never get any info or promo emails....
You're not alone; it happens to me as well. I've tried working through their support people and nothing was ever resolved.

QAPLA!
Old 02-22-2019, 08:14 AM
IK Multimedia

Default SampleTank 4 Now Available!

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/images/[email protected]

The day has come! SampleTank 4 is now available, and we are excited to show you our completely re-designed sound and groove workstation. If you have already pre-ordered SampleTank 4, head into your User Area to access the available download content. If you’ve ordered a boxed copy, units are on the way!

The new SampleTank 4 has been re-designed from the ground up to be your “go to” workstation, with a massively expanded sample library with up to 260 GB of inspiring new sounds, and a new cutting-edge sound engine that delivers more powerful music creation tools than you ever imagined. And now you can use it for yourself!

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/product.../matrix_2w.jpg

If you haven't had the chance to purchase this exclusive sample library, pre-order pricing ends on March 5th! So take advantage while you can and buy SampleTank 4 now. We hope you enjoy the new SampleTank 4. Have questions or comments? Talk to us on our forum, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.

Order SampleTank 4 at the special pre-order pricing through March 5th, 2019

SampleTank 4 SE: MSRP $/€149.99 -> Intro Price $/€99.99

SampleTank 4: MSRP $/€299.99 -> Intro Price $/€199.99

SampleTank 4 Upgrade: MSRP $/€199.99 -> Intro Price $/€149.99

SampleTank 4 Boxed version: MSRP $/€329.99 -> Intro Price $/€199.99

SampleTank 4 Upgrade Boxed version: MSRP $/€229.99 -> Intro Price $/€149.99

SampleTank 4 MAX: MSRP $/€499.99 -> Intro Price $/€299.99

SampleTank 4 MAX Upgrade: MSRP $/€299.99 -> Intro Price $/€199.99

SampleTank 4 MAX Boxed version: MSRP $/€529.99 -> Intro Price $/€299.99

SampleTank 4 MAX Upgrade Boxed version: MSRP $/€329.99 -> Intro Price $/€199.99

If you've already pre-ordered, log-in to your IK Multimedia account and go to your User Area to download.

Although IK strives to provide accurate product and pricing information, unintentional pricing or typographical errors may occur. Prices do not include taxes. IK reserves the right to correct, change or update information such as pricing, availability, product descriptions, at any time without notice.
Old 02-23-2019, 05:00 PM

Default Re: Announcing SampleTank 4

So far it just crashes my Pro Tools, even in a clean session.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Producer//Mixer//Bassist//Composer

benrubin.com

------------
PT Ultimate 2024.3, Mac Studio M1 Max, 64Gb RAM, Mac OSX 13.6.4, SSD sample drive,
Neve 8816, HD Native Thunderbolt, (2) Lynx Aurora 16, Benchmark DAC-1/ADC-1
Old 02-24-2019, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny_Cha_Cha View Post
So far it just crashes my Pro Tools, even in a clean session.

The 4.01 update cleared this up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Producer//Mixer//Bassist//Composer

benrubin.com

------------
PT Ultimate 2024.3, Mac Studio M1 Max, 64Gb RAM, Mac OSX 13.6.4, SSD sample drive,
Neve 8816, HD Native Thunderbolt, (2) Lynx Aurora 16, Benchmark DAC-1/ADC-1
Old 02-25-2019, 10:57 AM
IK Multimedia

I wanted to post a list and status of current issues:
  1. Two corrupted sound download ZIP/DMG files [replaced this morning, notated with "b" for users who already had downloaded the previous versions)
  2. Triple listing of certain instruments [will be resolved soon in update 4.0.2]
  3. Imported/Legacy instruments' location [adding new set of icons to clarify differentiation between ST4/ST3 imports and also modifying their placement within the interface to be more clear]
  4. Odd fonts issue [identified bug in the framework used, will implement a workaround until framework bug is fixed (it was also identified by other developers using this framework]
  5. Resizing issues [Must be done via handle on bottom left corner, and also must have a display size that will support resizing larger and note that VST2 does not support this feature]
  6. Multis location [Upcoming sound library updater will move factory multis to a better location and generally resolve this issue]
  7. "Installation Aborted" on Mac OS [under review and should be resolved in the near future]
  8. Crashing [these are being assessed as reported, and will be resolved directly in these cases]
  9. Strummer presets not visible at first [please work directly with IK Support as they should be able to resolve this directly in the cases where this occurs]

Version 4.0.2 will be completed and tested soon, I'd expect its release within a couple of days max.

Generally, the download and installation process suggestions are all heard and being reviewed as a continuation of internal discussions that were already ongoing about these processes.
Old 02-27-2019, 12:45 PM
IK Multimedia

SampleTank 4.0.2 update and sound library updates now available! See below for details and get them in your IK User Area under "My Products"

*Note it is recommended you run the sound library updates FIRST. Thank you

The following products has been updated and released on the IK Multimedia User Area:

Application
SampleTank 4 (4.0.2)

Sound Library Updates
SampleTank 4 MAX Sound Library Update (1.1)
SampleTank 4 Sound Library Update (1.1)
SampleTank 4 SE Sound Library Update (1.1)

What’s New
Changes from version 4.0.1:
  • Fixed an issue with ST4 instruments listed three times using search filters in the Browser.
  • Fixed an issue displaying imported and converted legacy Instruments from ST2 to ST3.
  • Added a new icon for ST3 imported and converted legacy Instruments at the bottom of the Library column.
  • Added a new icon for ST4 imported instrument at the bottom of the Library column.
  • Fixed a crash that occurred when closing the plug-in user interface with certain hosts.
  • Added an error message for missing Instruments within a host session.
  • Fixed a crash with VST3 when automating the FX bypass parameter.
  • Fixed a crash when installing application on a different disk than the OS disk.
  • Fixed an issue with possible missing font on Windows.
  • Fixed an issue with an incorrect disk path for Strummer presets.
  • Fixed an issue with an incorrect disk path for the Multis in the MAX version. Please re-install the Multis using the ST4 MAX Sound Library Update.
  • A Sound Library Update is available. This adds KS Key Switch indicators for SampleTank 4 instruments and fixes typos on various instruments. Please download and install the Sound Library Update available in your SampleTank 4 Sounds Downloads dropdown menu.
  • General reliability improvements.
Old 03-06-2019, 01:54 AM

I finally ended updating my SampleTank library, so I’m out of funds. Stupid ass me had to convince myself I needed the MAX version. I wasn’t too happy with ST3. It was okay, and I was already kind of committed to getting it, but ST4 has a much better library and interface. It’s really what 3 should have been in my opinion.

I’m still downloading it actually. Not looking forward to installing it actually, but I am looking forward to playing it. I hope I don’t end up regretting my decision.
Old 03-07-2019, 02:20 PM
IK Multimedia

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon.a.billington View Post
I finally ended updating my SampleTank library, so I’m out of funds. Stupid ass me had to convince myself I needed the MAX version. I wasn’t too happy with ST3. It was okay, and I was already kind of committed to getting it, but ST4 has a much better library and interface. It’s really what 3 should have been in my opinion.

I’m still downloading it actually. Not looking forward to installing it actually, but I am looking forward to playing it. I hope I don’t end up regretting my decision.
You shouldn't! If you need help please reach out. I think it really sounds SO great, and of course I'm biased but even so... Here's what a user created (this is not an IK example) which is quite nice - the were going for a "live" feel and I really like what they ended up with:

Click here to hear the example
Old 03-09-2019, 01:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter - IK Multimedia View Post
You shouldn't! If you need help please reach out. I think it really sounds SO great, and of course I'm biased but even so... Here's what a user created (this is not an IK example) which is quite nice - the were going for a "live" feel and I really like what they ended up with:

Click here to hear the example
Thanks Pete. The user demo does sound quite good for straight out of the box.

One question I have regarding DSP. Like many others I do my composing in another DAW, Logic. I prefer to not with multis much because freezing them to free up your CPU can become a bit of a nightmare. My usual approach would be to duplicate the tracks and mute the other elements, that way I can freely and independently freeze different parts of the multi when I need to.

Anyway, I was wondering, when it comes to ST4, how does it, to Logic handle it's memory. Am I multiplying the resources ST4 uses by duplicating the multis, or would each instance reference the same memory??

Feel free to ask around at the office!! Haha!!

In other news, I have a suggestion to make... more world/ethnic instruments and other exotic sound design elements. It's these types of elements that can help set productions apart and make them sound more "professional."
Old 03-12-2019, 09:35 AM
IK Multimedia

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon.a.billington View Post
Thanks Pete. The user demo does sound quite good for straight out of the box.

One question I have regarding DSP. Like many others I do my composing in another DAW, Logic. I prefer to not with multis much because freezing them to free up your CPU can become a bit of a nightmare. My usual approach would be to duplicate the tracks and mute the other elements, that way I can freely and independently freeze different parts of the multi when I need to.

Anyway, I was wondering, when it comes to ST4, how does it, to Logic handle it's memory. Am I multiplying the resources ST4 uses by duplicating the multis, or would each instance reference the same memory??

Feel free to ask around at the office!! Haha!!

In other news, I have a suggestion to make... more world/ethnic instruments and other exotic sound design elements. It's these types of elements that can help set productions apart and make them sound more "professional."
Hi, first thanks for the suggestion. We do include the world/ethnic from SampleTank 3 so I hope there's some there that you like at the present, though!

For the memory usage, that is indeed handled by your DAW and I'm not sure precisely how Logic manages this with VIs but it seems to be among the better DAWs in that aspect (as well as CPU/core management which can be tricky and if memory serves Logic does it uniquely but well there).