So far, no Plugins are supported AAX DSP

When

Thanks & Regards
Avid C24
Avid I/O 16*16
Old 06-04-2012, 11:28 AM

Default Re: Waves Audio AAX DSP

ask them

Mixing and Mastering click here to get started.
Old 06-06-2012, 05:45 AM

Thumbs down Re: Waves Audio AAX DSP

this company Waves Audio

Hi,

Waves V9 plugins are supported on Pro Tools 10 via RTAS, AudioSuite, and TDM. AAX is not officially supported at this time.

AAX Native will be supported at a later date, but this development will still take more time. Waves has no plans to support AAX DSP at this time.

Thanks
Avid C24
Avid I/O 16*16
Old 06-06-2012, 05:52 AM

I see AVID company should speed up the pressure on the company Waves
Avid C24
Avid I/O 16*16
Old 06-06-2012, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7usainarab View Post
I see AVID company should speed up the pressure on the company Waves
I agree. If Waves don't do an AAX DSP version I very much doubt I'll be upgrading to HDX. No Virus Indigo, Amp/Echo Farm AND Waves DSP = little incentive.

....And I wonder how fast these new Mac Pros will be?

Honestly Avid, you need to PAY Waves to do an AAX DSP version.
Old 06-06-2012, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsdy View Post
Honestly Avid, you need to PAY Waves to do an AAX DSP version.
You're kidding, right?

Waves would take a huge hit if they suddenly stopped supporting Pro Tools. It's in neither company's interest.

Plenty of other companies already on board... in fact, Waves is pretty much the only major plugin dev who isn't.

D
a n t h e I n c r e d i b l e S o u n d M a n

"Svetlana" v1 - 4.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, OSX 10.7.4
Liquid Saffire 56 - PT10.2 - BFD2, VCC, Duende Native, Play 3.0

_C U R R E N T-D V E R B-S C O R E:515
Old 06-07-2012, 07:47 AM

I've been reading the posts on here, and I've seen people saying, "Avid you should pay Waves to make AAX DSP" and "if Waves doesn't support AAX DSP, there is no reason for me to upgrade to HDX"............WHAT THE HELL!!!??? Do you people really think it is Waves plugins that make your mixes sound good? If that is what you think, you better get a different day job. Don't get me wrong, Waves makes a fantastic plugin. But there are other companies that make plugins that sound just as good, McDSP, UAD, AVID, etc., there is no other company that makes a complete system of DSP processing like Avid!! I'm not just talking plugin DSP, but the whole thing, plugins, mixing, I/O, who else does that? Nobody!! If you like Pro Tools TDM and it is rock solid, then keep it. Don't blame Avid because Waves has a stick up their ass about making AAX DSP plugins, blame Waves. If you want to move to HDX (because you see the benefits of the power of the card) move to HDX and look into some other plugins. Pro Tools is the base, or foundation of the system, the plugins are the finishing touches. You wouldn't eat a cake made out of dog [bleep][bleep][bleep][bleep] if the frosting was Betty Crocker chocolate frosting. As far as the other comment about paying Waves.......... Duh! That's like Mcdonalds paying me to eat a Big Mac, sure that is good for me, but not good business for McDonalds. Some people should not be in this business or even doing the hobby if all they are going to do is spew nonsense, which makes the rest of the professionals look bad!
Old 06-07-2012, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WernerF View Post
Arrogance is blind, deaf and dumb.
Well said (technically "Well written" ) and quite true!
Old 06-07-2012, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fooks View Post
I've been reading the posts on here, and I've seen people saying, "Avid you should pay Waves to make AAX DSP" and "if Waves doesn't support AAX DSP, there is no reason for me to upgrade to HDX"............WHAT THE HELL!!!??? Do you people really think it is Waves plugins that make your mixes sound good? If that is what you think, you better get a different day job. Don't get me wrong, Waves makes a fantastic plugin. But there are other companies that make plugins that sound just as good, McDSP, UAD, AVID, etc., there is no other company that makes a complete system of DSP processing like Avid!! I'm not just talking plugin DSP, but the whole thing, plugins, mixing, I/O, who else does that? Nobody!! If you like Pro Tools TDM and it is rock solid, then keep it. Don't blame Avid because Waves has a stick up their ass about making AAX DSP plugins, blame Waves. If you want to move to HDX (because you see the benefits of the power of the card) move to HDX and look into some other plugins. Pro Tools is the base, or foundation of the system, the plugins are the finishing touches. You wouldn't eat a cake made out of dog [bleep][bleep][bleep][bleep] if the frosting was Betty Crocker chocolate frosting. As far as the other comment about paying Waves.......... Duh! That's like Mcdonalds paying me to eat a Big Mac, sure that is good for me, but not good business for McDonalds. Some people should not be in this business or even doing the hobby if all they are going to do is spew nonsense, which makes the rest of the professionals look bad!
You got it.

If you can't make a decent mix with just the stock plugins, you need a new profession. The tools don't make the engineer. A carpenter isn't going to throw out his hammer because his favourite brand of nails stops making them.

D
a n t h e I n c r e d i b l e S o u n d M a n

"Svetlana" v1 - 4.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, OSX 10.7.4
Liquid Saffire 56 - PT10.2 - BFD2, VCC, Duende Native, Play 3.0

_C U R R E N T-D V E R B-S C O R E:515
Old 06-07-2012, 08:32 AM

It's not that simple. I have a bunch of sessions that are loaded with Waves plugins and while I'm remixing with mostly Softube, and a few Waves RTAS, the fact remains that I'm VERY familiar with the Waves Mercury bundle and I have to go through a process that took years to develop.

Another truth which is being stated several times is that "without Waves AAX-DSP I'm not buying HDX". this is clearly hurting HDX sales, Waves understands that and must be asking, without AVID incentives, why should they pay to promote HDX? If Waves will sell HDX, AVID has, for better or worse, a partner that needs to be adressed. And this means compensation for the expected increase in HDX sales. Standard business.

Like electric cars, if the car companies don't assist with the cost of power stations, nobody will buy electric cars.
Closed Thread