Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 08-18-2023, 02:57 AM

Default No sound in pro tools

Hi,
So I just successfully Launched my Pro Tools HD. But I found out that there's no sound at all...I tried many solutions but nothing workis...asio4all is downloaded...I don't know what to do...Help please!
Thanks!
Old 08-18-2023, 03:36 AM

Default Re: No sound in pro tools

What audio interface do you have? ASIO4ALL is typically used as a bridge for when you don’t have a proper interface and needs to be set up properly.

Have you set up ASIO4ALL to use whatever sound device you have?
Have you selected ASIO4ALL in the ProTools Playback Engine?

Please give us a little more information and I’m sure we can get you going.

System Details
Old 08-18-2023, 04:09 AM

Hi,
Yes ASIO4ALL Is selected in the playback engine. 256 samples
The sound device is perhaps my laptops audio device
Old 08-18-2023, 04:26 AM

Why don't you start with reading the Help Us Help You document linked to the forum header? There is no "perhaps" in troubleshooting.
Old 08-18-2023, 04:48 AM

Ok what should I do?
I know I set the audio to my laptop's audio device since there aren't any other devices...Can I post screenshots here to make it easier?
Old 08-18-2023, 05:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFreak View Post
Why don't you start with reading the Help Us Help You document linked to the forum header? There is no "perhaps" in troubleshooting.
Hi, Could you please help me?
Old 08-18-2023, 05:59 AM

I'm not a Windows guy, but do what that Help Us Help You page suggests and some other may.
Old 08-18-2023, 06:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFreak View Post
I'm not a Windows guy, but do what that Help Us Help You page suggests and some other may.
Ok, how can I get live support for windows? Is @Junkgear a windows guy?
Old 08-18-2023, 06:12 AM

Default No sound in pro Tools HD Windows.

Hi,
I just successfully downloaded the Pro Tools 12 HD. I'm on Windows 10 pro
I have ASIO4ALL connected and there's absolutely no sound..I tried many solutions and checkups like checking the mix fader and the samples and the bits but nothing seems wrong and no error messages.
help, please!
Thanks
Old 08-18-2023, 06:48 AM

I know you are desperate to get things working, but please do not start multiple posts on the same topic. It is against forum rules as well as it lessens your chances of actually getting help.

As far as Windows goes, yes I’m a Windows guy.

There are a few things you can try to get going.
If you don’t know what your audio device is, then I too will guess that it is your computer’s sound device.
Step one is to go into the ASIO4ALL configuration and make sure it is set up to route audio through your soundcard. In some cases it is disabled by default, and you will need to enable it. Also make sure the outputs are going where you expect to hear audio. This is typically the main stereo outputs.

Next is ProTools. You mention that you have ASIO4ALL selected in the playback engine, but did you set up the I/O settings properly? At a minimum, open the I/O settings, select the output tab and press the Default button. You should probably do the same for the inputs as well.

Next, you say you have no audio, but we have no idea what audio you are trying to hear. Are you abe to record anything? Is this audio something you recorded?
Is it a Virtual Instrument? Are you just trying to monitor the input of a track?

If itls an audio track and has an audio clip on it, make sure the output of the track is set to your main outputs.

Give this all a try and if nothing works, please post a lot more information about what you are trying to do, what you have tried and what part of that is not working. The more details we have, the more we can help.

System Details
Closed Thread