Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-22-2011, 07:42 PM

Default Re: goodbye Pro tools

Quote:
Originally Posted by YYR123 View Post
Real talk - real talk !

just trying to soften up the op hopefully he would realize that he really didn't spend that much on his non working gear !! If he wants pro gear he should step up and pay pro prices !!!
I don't have a lot of money like most people on these boards probably do, so paying around 3k for stuff is a lot to me. Its mostly my fault for buying pro tools without doing the research on the software. I assumed it would be like most of the other DAWs that I've used before that works on a everyday computer, guess I was wrong.
I payed $1300 for my Dell which is built for gaming and roughly $800 on the HP. I have never had any issue with my Dell running anything other than PT. I would like to use PT since its so easy to use but I am not going to spend more money that I don't really have to buy some super computer to make some recordings that only me and my friends are going to listen to. And I think its kinda ridiculous Avid wont take the time to figure out how to get their software to work on a $1300 Dell or $800 HP. I mean Steinberg figured it out why can't Avid?

Anyways like I said Cubase is working fine, even with my Mbox 2 mini it works better than PT does how does that even work?

Last post from me thanks to all that helped.

As 3 others said let this one go.
Old 11-23-2011, 07:23 AM

To all you Dell haters, all I can say is that I have run Pro Tools since v6.8 thru PT10 on Dell laptops without any Dell related issues whatsoever. That's almost 7 years of Dell & Pro Tools companionship.

My current 2008 Dell Studio XPS 1640 runs PT10 + CPTK with ease. In fact, it's an awesome combo. I wonder what's wrong with you guys?
Old 11-23-2011, 09:56 AM

I paid about 350 for my Asus motherboard and my AMD phenom, not to mention the case that I've had for probably more than 10 years.
I wish I had $1500 to spend on computer
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.
Old 11-23-2011, 12:06 PM

your are pretty much on your own after you purchase PT. You have to pay big buck for support and you still may not resolv the problems. You can't even talk to someone to just ask a question. I'ved sent emails through the contact us tab and received no response. Support sucks!!!!!!!
Old 11-27-2011, 12:23 PM

Angry Re: goodbye Pro tools

I have to sadly say that my first impression of this product is not good. Users want a product that they install and it works from the beginning. Maybe some quick clear instructions on how to install if there's enough difference between systems, but overall after having pro tools for just a few days all I've had is problems. I've lost VO jobs spending my whole weekend trying to set it up, unlike Audition which worked from the beginning but I felt was overcomplicated. However....at least it works!

I cannot export to mp3 either....and when I read the instructions which tell me if I want to apply the extra feature of mp3 export (another 18 Euro) I prepare to export a track as usual then click the mp3 export and authorize....but I'm not even able to START the authorization process as it won't even let me select mp3! I don't care if there's some procedure I have to follow....I don't even care why. Trouble is it looks like they want their customers to do all this work (and PAY EXTRA FOR IT) just to get a simple function of mp3 export to work. Whose BRILLIANT idea was that???

I've also dealt with all the errors and frustration of getting playback to work also....RIGHT OUT OF THE BOX. If they had any heart by now, they'd set up a free download patch for the mp3 to work and FIX THIS THING. Waaaaaaayyy behind the times.

I do like that it is simple to use while recording and using EQ.....but that should make it even less buggy! I really don't understand how businesses think and function like that.

Cheers, and good luck to you all....I'm sick of wasting my weekend getting it to work right so I can WAIT THE WHOLE REAL-TIME playthru for a .wav file that I have to waste more time to convert. AVID, wake up! You could have the whole market cornered if only you seemed to care. Can I get my 18 Euro back for the mp3 upgrade that DOESN'T work?

What a waste.....I wish I'd have stuck with Audition.....I'd have all my auditions done by now and be enjoying my weekend. I want my 48 hours back!
Old 11-27-2011, 12:25 PM

Gotta agree w you mate, WASTE OF TIME......how sad

This product makes you end up tinkering with your machine forever rather than focusing on your work and creativity. How is this even still on the market? I think their bundle contract is the only thing keeping them going.....

not to late to make it right though.....but will they listen to us???

Cheers, and good luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benner View Post
that's enought. i have wasted too much time try to fix a daily new problem and spended too much time read these forums that i have lost all my creativity in music! thank you! what a waste of time (that i do not have a lot and especially to loose)! god it is enought! can't imagine how many threads are in these forums about problems it's crazy! it's not possible to do anything! always a problem! amaysing! wow ! and i can't imagine how i tried to fix all of these problem and POP!!!!! A NEW ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it's been 3 YEARS of my time that i have lost try to make it work as it is supposed to work like THE BEST RECORDING SOFTWARE ..............YEAH RIGHT! Thak you i've had enought.

believe me i can tell you so many things that happened! ohhhh!!! lalalalala!!!!!

GOD i was hopping to be able to make it work!

and no i did not wrote all the issues i had in these forums because time is too precious for me and i can't wait.

thanks just wanted to tell you guys!

Benner

p.s.:sorry my english is pretty bad but i think you got the message.
Old 11-28-2011, 08:32 AM

Let me add something which probably ( and hopefully) for most of you it doesn't matter.
I have a PTLE 8 and I've recently ( after a big economical effort ) made a new pc , a good one, and I would've liked to crossgrade to PT 10 but 427 euros for an update is really too much , it costs 3/4 of what I paid for my pc, what the hell !
Sorry for being so direct but I think there's something wrong
Ramp