Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2011, 03:42 PM

Default Re: Avid Answer Our 5 Questions On Pro Tools 10 & HDX - Is This Enough?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mc_deli View Post
Cross post there

Thanks for answering Max but from where I am, it is impossible to imagine how moving forward to PT11 and HDX will offer enough value in future. I just can't see how your upgrade path could be trusted.

I think "locking" a current working system and taking advantage of "cheap" legacy TDM/RTAS plug-in pricing is the only way to go. Personally I am confused why you seem to have failed to meet the expectations of every user group I come into contact with (educational HD PT7, 8 & 9, MBox PT8, M PT8 & 9, HD PT9). The last few weeks and your answers just convince me to lock the system rather than plan to upgrade.
Appreciate the feedback.
Old 11-05-2011, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Gutnik View Post
I have also taken the feedback from HD 8 customers back to Avid, to make sure their voices are heard.
Thanks Max.

The sums don't add up, we feel penalised.

Al
Old 11-05-2011, 04:15 PM
Avid

Let's maintain the tone at hand and show some mutual respect.
If you do not agree with a reply you are more then welcome to conduct a civilized discussion about it.

Agressive posts and attempt to stir things up will be deleted without any further explanation. If you cannot follow these simple terms of showing mutual respect for all opinions then please refrain from participating at all.

Thanks
Old 11-05-2011, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Gutnik View Post
Again, TL, I didn't mean to offend. You certainly don't have to defend yourself or justify your comments to me. I am sure you're a fine human being. But you aren't the only one who's been fueling the outsourcing misinformation and subsequent negativity on these boards. That said, I already apologized. Xenophobia was too strong a word and I take it back.

Let me rephrase, so my comments do not seem contradictory to you. It is not true that ALL Pro Tools development has been outsourced as is often claimed. As I said, many of the developers sit in the same office with me in CA. That said, we do have programmers all over the world, some on a contractual basis, and they are all super valuable. Finally, this is how every other company works too (having developers all over the world), so this should not be a point of contention with you, or the hundred posts that preceded it on the same topic over the past two years.
Every company outsources. That's the world we live in.

Max if you give me the data I'm pretty sure I could tell you what price would get you the optimal ROI for you products. I'll sign an NDA.

But basically Marketing 101 is not to set prices simply by ROI of the various cost centers. Lifetime customer value is an asset especially to your users as they are highly loyal. But I think a solid analysis (price elasticy and other regression models) would show a pricing scheme that would help everyone.

Carl
PT 2021.10 HDX 16x24 -Mac Pro 12 Cores 48 GB RAM OS 10.13.6 - API 16 channel - AMS Neve 16 channel, AMS-Neve-SSL -Pres/Processing, Bock Audio, BLUE Bottle, Neumann, Josephson -Mics, Bogner, Kemper- Guitar, Chandler Zener-Curve Bender Outboard/Master. UAudio, Waves, Plugin Alliance etc.
Old 11-05-2011, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt View Post
...If you cannot follow these simple terms of showing mutual respect for all opinions then please refrain from participating at all.
"Mutual" being the key word.

D
a n t h e I n c r e d i b l e S o u n d M a n

"Svetlana" v1 - 4.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, OSX 10.7.4
Liquid Saffire 56 - PT10.2 - BFD2, VCC, Duende Native, Play 3.0

_C U R R E N T-D V E R B-S C O R E:515
Old 11-05-2011, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt View Post
Let's maintain the tone at hand and show some mutual respect.
If you do not agree with a reply you are more then welcome to conduct a civilized discussion about it.

Agressive posts and attempt to stir things up will be deleted without any further explanation. If you cannot follow these simple terms of showing mutual respect for all opinions then please refrain from participating at all.

Thanks
This post came directly after mine, if it wasn't a response I apologise. I also apologise if my post was perceived as aggressive, it wasn't intended to.

I just feel I've been banging my head against a wall because nobody has addressed to the concerns of users of PT8HD and earlier versions.

Al
Old 11-05-2011, 04:49 PM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alio 45 View Post
This post came directly after mine,
coincidence. No need to apologize.

Carry on.
Old 11-05-2011, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dism View Post
"Mutual" being the key word.
You have to earn mutual respect—hence the use of the word 'mutual'.

Although that might not be a realistic expectation when it comes to mob behavior, and make no mistake, that's what we're seeing, you can't expect Max & Co to be unaffected by the rhetoric of mob behavior. That said, I'm not condoning, or condemning it, I'm just acknowledging it.

When Avid speaks to us directly, they pay us a very high compliment, a compliment you'll never see Apple make—it's against policy.

So, show some professionalism. Treat Max & Co the way you want to treated. There is no other road, but the high road.
Old 11-05-2011, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alio 45 View Post
This post came directly after mine, if it wasn't a response I apologise. I also apologise if my post was perceived as aggressive, it wasn't intended to.

I just feel I've been banging my head against a wall because nobody has addressed to the concerns of users of PT8HD and earlier versions.

Al
I don't think it was your post DTS was responding to. It was a post by danander11 that was subsequently deleted I think.....
Old 11-05-2011, 05:14 PM

Nobody appears to be listening...Same corporate-talk while avoiding key issues being discussed rampantly here and on other forums. Don't like what you hear? Ignore and/or delete! danander11's post was respectful, insightful, and well-intentioned; He was only trying to help your company...Just as many of us have done throughout the years here on the DUC. We want Avid to succeed!

Look, Max, I'd love to support your team, but I'm not shelling out $500 + $2000 to "unlock" my software and add features that every other DAW has had for ages while you still haven't even delivered the features that have been at the top of your own feature-request list for years! You are alienating several of your largest client bases, including what used to be your "high end" bread-and-butter market!

Instead of passing the burden of blatant mismanagement (see: your stock) on to your customers, why don't you start trimming the fat? You have many current and former employees coming out explaining exactly where the problems lie...But how could change like that possibly come from within? Who would step down when they could just take another bonus instead? Now do you see why we must speak up as demonstratively as we do?
Closed Thread