Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-25-2007, 02:28 PM

Default Pro Tools LE after Logic Studio

It seems to be the consensus, that Pro Tools needs to respond soon and seriously to the rich and low price offering of Logic Studio.

I guess, we all like Pro Tools and put our money where my mouth is - that's why we are here.
Maybe it would be a good time to come up - again - with our wish lists, which might actually be very useful for Digidesign - and for us.

Let me start with my wish list:

- Remove the artificial track number limitation
- Make it possible to hook up several 002/R, 003/R to work together, even if all of them needs a separate workstation, with it's own software licenses (many band has some band members, who individually own a PT rig, it's insane that these rigs can not be combined into a bigger rig, exploiting the combined power of multiple computers.)

What else do you think ProTools 002/003 needs NOW to stay alive after the Logic Studio era has begun?

Cheers,
PT Fan
Old 09-25-2007, 02:39 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools LE after Logic Studio

* YAWN*
Old 09-25-2007, 03:30 PM

wow...first post.

I think Digi, already knows what we want, it's just a matter of them "deciding" to do it. If you don't like their position, well, as you said, it is logic era.
Old 09-25-2007, 04:31 PM

I'll bite, heres EXACTLY what I want.

1. NO track limits
2. Full ADC for everything including external hardware
3. TWO ADAT ports on the I/O
4. Streamlined for multiprocessors
5. Full BEAT DETECTIVE in the app, Ill pay a higher price but dont want the i-lock for it, nor for the extra tracks, again Ill pay for it.
6. Give me reasons to NEVER look at the competition
7. Quit trying to force me into HD, it aint gonna happen folks
8. Id pay a thousand just for that app alone

Then I could run, TWO Apogee AD 800 and another 8 form the Digi box itself for a full 24 In and outs not counting the SPDIF. Heck, DIGI could even make the add on ADAT boxes for all I care and leave Apogee out of it
Old 09-25-2007, 04:44 PM

At this point I don't think digi is really going to hand out deals to the small guy like you think they should. They might come out with some sort of usb dongle type pro tools rig hints the (mstick survey) which might allow us to use better interfaces, or just the use of the PT program.. no inputs. But I really don't think they can even compete with Logic Studio. Seriously Logic 8 is the shizle! Its sequencer is as tight as it gets.. and features galore! The main advantage PT has had in the past has been workflow but logic has revamped the whole beast, I really haven't had time to really dig in I've been fighting trying to get the 002 to interface with logic as a controller since I got L8 a few days ago. I started out in logic years back and only moved to PT because I went into business for myself and 90% of the folks who called inquiring about the studio wanted to hear the word Pro tools. But I see PT going the way of its sister avid, a slow grinding demise filled with ego fed denial. Really look at what you get with L8 (for starters really kick ass full blown instruments and plugins) and they are in bed with apogee. You can't really go wrong there. I will always keep some sort of minimal PT rig. But I've made my first step to a new life.
Ok go ahead and rip into my post fellows...!!!