Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-18-2023, 05:07 AM

Default Re: Atmos news

Nice, thank you so much for the additional info! I'm really looking forward to the inbuilt Atmos renderer for Windows.
Old 09-18-2023, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farhoof View Post
This is aimed at Atmos editorial. For mixing/mastering you still use the external renderer or RMU.
This took out at any excitement for this addition. Pretty much neutered it.

Same for the RX ARA. All the RX spectral options should be available in ARA otherwise... I guess I'll still be using Connect to work with RX. Hopefully it's just a matter of still being early in the development for the ARA/RX integration.

One big question that is annoying with ARA/Melodyne (and will be more annoying to me with ARA/RX), can you undock the ARA window/space so it is free-floating?
Old 09-19-2023, 12:22 PM

So does this mean Ill be able to take the HDMI output of my Mac Studio, and plug it into a decent 7.1.4 Denon receiver and have properly routed audio, for monitoring and edit?
Old 09-19-2023, 12:23 PM

or will i still have to buy a 7000 dollar box w 12 mic pre's and connectors i dont need, .......etc to listen back?
Old 09-19-2023, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by capt kirk View Post
or will i still have to buy a 7000 dollar box w 12 mic pre's and connectors i dont need, .......etc to listen back?

You don’t have an audio interface with 12 outputs? It seems like they are a dime a dozen these days.

Shoehorning in HDMI and domestic AV receivers into the mix on the other hand? Sounds a lot like the ‘CD duplication’ that happened at the first recording studio I ever worked at. Half a dozen domestic inkjet Epson printers with the silly CD trays. Every single one needed to be manually loaded… and inserts folded.

All that work, and it still looked like s$&t!
Pro Tools Ultimate 2024.3. OSX 13.6.5. Win 10. HD Native. Lynx AES16e. Lynx Aurora 16. i9-13900KF. ASRock Z690 Steel Legend. 64GB Ram. AMD Vega 64. BM Decklink. Dolby Atmos Renderer 5.2. Trinnov D-Mon. D-Command.
Old 09-20-2023, 02:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BScout View Post
This took out at any excitement for this addition. Pretty much neutered it.

Same for the RX ARA. All the RX spectral options should be available in ARA otherwise... I guess I'll still be using Connect to work with RX. Hopefully it's just a matter of still being early in the development for the ARA/RX integration.

One big question that is annoying with ARA/Melodyne (and will be more annoying to me with ARA/RX), can you undock the ARA window/space so it is free-floating?
I didn't delve too deep into the workflow, maybe you can still master with the internal renderer the same way the old production toolkit wasn't aimed at mastering but was possible for certain delivery formats.

I didn't see an undocked window, I doubt there will be one. Maybe a choice for top/bottom at some point. There were graphic glitches all over, but it's an early stage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by capt kirk View Post
So does this mean Ill be able to take the HDMI output of my Mac Studio, and plug it into a decent 7.1.4 Denon receiver and have properly routed audio, for monitoring and edit?
Don't think the renderer will change that. If it's possible you should be able to do that now?
Old 09-20-2023, 03:19 AM

Farhoof... thank you