Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2011, 05:19 PM

Default Re: Avid Answer Our 5 Questions On Pro Tools 10 & HDX - Is This Enough?

Some of you guys are having serious trouble with understanding a NO !

Or a more respectful kind of NO... (Diplomacy)

Whether you like it or NOT... AVID has spoken with courtesy and clearly.

Agreeable or not. Different matter. But please - have some self respect quit repeating yourself every hour
Old 11-05-2011, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexLakis View Post
Nobody appears to be listening...Same corporate-talk while avoiding key issues being discussed rampantly here and on other forums. Don't like what you hear? Ignore and/or delete! danander11's post was respectful, insightful, and well-intentioned; He was only trying to help your company...Just as many of us have done throughout the years here on the DUC. We want Avid to succeed!

Look, Max, I'd love to support your team, but I'm not shelling out $500 + $2000 to "unlock" my software and add features that every other DAW has had for ages while you still haven't even delivered the features that have been at the top of your own feature-request list for years! You are alienating several of your largest client bases, including what used to be your "high end" bread-and-butter market!

Instead of passing the burden of blatant mismanagement (see: your stock) on to your customers, why don't you start trimming the fat? You have many current and former employees coming out explaining exactly where the problems lie...But how could change like that possibly come from within? Who would step down when they could just take another bonus instead? Now do you see why we must speak up as demonstratively as we do?
I understand why you feel the need to speak up and give us your feedback, Alex. It's why I'm here taking time on a Saturday reading it, giving you the company's perspective, listening some more and passing it along. I also hope you and the rest of the folks here understand I am not singularly responsible for making any policies or pricing changes, so lashing out or slinging vitriol at me personally does not have an impact except to maybe lose your opportunity to participate going forward. Not that you did that, but I want to be clear, again, lets keep the tempers even and the dialogue respectful.
Old 11-05-2011, 05:27 PM

BTW, someone mentioned that this is an angry mob, but I don't believe that we're seeing mob mentality here. We're seeing a large number of users that are feeling let down or worse. Mob mentality implies that there's no reasoning with the masses and I don't believe that's the case here. Other than those who have just missed the cut off date and feel that the amnesty period is short, no one is asking for anything for free or anything that seems unreasonable in my opinion given the context of previous Avid upgrades.
Old 11-05-2011, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Gutnik View Post
I understand why you feel the need to speak up and give us your feedback, Alex. It's why I'm here taking time on a Saturday reading it, giving you the company's perspective, listening some more and passing it along. I also hope you and the rest of the folks here understand I am not singularly responsible for making any policies or pricing changes, so lashing out or slinging vitriol at me personally does not have an impact except to maybe lose your opportunity to participate going forward. Not that you did that, but I want to be clear, again, lets keep the tempers even and the dialogue respectful.
Agreed, thank you for your consideration, Max. Nobody here thinks you are singularly responsible for anything. A lot of people (myself included) feel very passionately about Pro Tools and Avid, and want to do everything in our power to support and progress the makers of our favorite DAW. I cannot morally cast my vote monetarily at this time, so I must do it vocally. I just don't feel like we (Avid and it's users) are on the same team/page most of the time...Some remedies for that have been suggested. Please pass them on if you can. Thanks.
Old 11-05-2011, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLarvenz View Post
Mob mentality implies that there's no reasoning with the masses and I don't believe that's the case here.
The term “mob mentality” is used to refer to unique behavioral characteristics which emerge when people are in a disorganized, aggressive, and panicked subset/group.

If I used the term incorrectly, my apologies, but I seriously doubt any apology is needed.
Old 11-05-2011, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy R View Post
You have to earn mutual respect—hence the use of the word 'mutual'.

Although that might not be a realistic expectation when it comes to mob behavior, and make no mistake, that's what we're seeing, you can't expect Max & Co to be unaffected by the rhetoric of mob behavior. That said, I'm not condoning, or condemning it, I'm just acknowledging it.

When Avid speaks to us directly, they pay us a very high compliment, a compliment you'll never see Apple make—it's against policy.

So, show some professionalism. Treat Max & Co the way you want to treated. There is no other road, but the high road.
You're absolutely right. Respect is earned.

Responding to valid concerns with market-speak doesn't show respect to me. I don't feel privileged just to be in the "presence" of Avid employees. I'd rather them not respond at all if they aren't going to give us real answers. Max can tell us how "Avid feels" about their pricing all he likes, but at the end of the day it doesn't matter how Avid feels, it matters how we feel about it.

Value isn't determined by the company who makes the product, but by the consumer who uses it every day.

That being said, I don't think that Max or DTS are undeserving of respect. I respect the fact that they are both here putting up with the same complaints day in and day out, hoping to ease the tension between Avid and the community. It's not easy and I respect the work that goes along with it.

At the same time, it doesn't feel like there has been any resolution. We're going on week 3 of customer disappointment, and we continue to get the same responses to concerns that really haven't been answered. It's frustrating for both sides when an agreement can't be reached, but it's in Avid's best interest to calm the calamity. It hasn't yet become clear to me that the tactics being used are going to suffice.

Max and new DTS, please understand that I am not trying to offend anyone or start anything. I am simply concerned that after 3 weeks, nothing has been accomplished to satisfy the userbase.

D
a n t h e I n c r e d i b l e S o u n d M a n

"Svetlana" v1 - 4.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, OSX 10.7.4
Liquid Saffire 56 - PT10.2 - BFD2, VCC, Duende Native, Play 3.0

_C U R R E N T-D V E R B-S C O R E:515
Old 11-05-2011, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alio 45 View Post
Thanks Max.

The sums don't add up, we feel penalized.

Al
+1 HD7 & 8 owners are getting penalized.
Old 11-05-2011, 06:28 PM

Sonar users are getting free stuff from Avid as of 11/04/11:

Cakewalk announces updated 32- and 64-bit EUCON SONAR X1 support.
Avid and Cakewalk have teamed together to update the EUCON control surface support for SONAR X1. Now 32- and 64-bit SONAR X1 users can benefit from best-in-class control with EUCON-aware consoles and controllers.

Downloads for the new SONAR X1 EUCON adapter are available at no cost. Instructions for installation are available at:
http://www.cakewalk.com/Support/kb/r...spx/2007013271
At PlethoraTone:
Mac Mini M1, Avid Carbon,
PSP, Waves Mercury, UAD, Kush, Slate Digital,
PA, Melodyne, Antares, Audioease, SoundToys
Old 11-05-2011, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt View Post
Let's maintain the tone at hand and show some mutual respect.
If you do not agree with a reply you are more then welcome to conduct a civilized discussion about it.

Agressive posts and attempt to stir things up will be deleted without any further explanation. If you cannot follow these simple terms of showing mutual respect for all opinions then please refrain from participating at all.

Thanks
My post(s) that you have deleted were not "aggressive", nor were they an attempt to "stir things up". I said: " Looks like we're being told to bugger off. I'm amazed that Avid can afford to chase customers away". Nothing more..

You state that you want us to show mutual respect for all opinions yet you delete the ones that YOU disagree with. That's not a fair go... I'm not a ten year old kid running around here screaming like his hair is on fire..

Worse, When you deleted my post, you implied that I had told someone to bugger off.. and that is absolutely false. then you deleted that (your) post. That is slanderous at best and cowardly at worst.

That statement of my opinion is certainly not as inflammatory as most of then 'anti-avid' posts are around here.. not even by a stretch.

As I see it DTS, You won't play even by your own rules.. Not fair. Not fair at all.
What I found when I got there,
was that I couldn't stay away!

Hobo Shave!
Old 11-05-2011, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexLakis View Post
Agreed, thank you for your consideration, Max. Nobody here thinks you are singularly responsible for anything. A lot of people (myself included) feel very passionately about Pro Tools and Avid, and want to do everything in our power to support and progress the makers of our favorite DAW. I cannot morally cast my vote monetarily at this time, so I must do it vocally. I just don't feel like we (Avid and it's users) are on the same team/page most of the time...Some remedies for that have been suggested. Please pass them on if you can. Thanks.
Again, thanks for the feedback, Alex. I will continue to pass it on.
Closed Thread