Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-11-2014, 08:18 AM

Default Re: Brickwall limiters

Quote:
Originally Posted by groundcontrol View Post
I'm in the same boat here.

Their delay is probably better for people doing dance stuff znd electronica. I find Echoboy is king for flexibility and texture. Especially working with acoustc material where you often need to create subtle dark spaces/textures behind/around around instruments. However SoundToys new emulation of the od Lex PrimeTime is proving surprising useful.
I had the same thought. Though the Fab delay CAN sound warm and organic its forte seems to be dance/electonic.
Old 09-11-2014, 09:18 AM

Just bought the Fab Filter. I'll keep you updated. Thanks for all the input!
Old 09-11-2014, 09:47 AM

First inclination was that it "wasn't doing all that much" until I hit "BYPASS" and heard the difference. It is indeed that transparent. It's working extremely well on a "Rawhide-esque" track. Have a Shadow Hills Mastering Compressor right before it, and couldn't be happier with this combination.
Old 09-11-2014, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw rec View Post
First inclination was that it "wasn't doing all that much" until I hit "BYPASS" and heard the difference. It is indeed that transparent.
You made me chuckle there because I had the same reaction a few times myself, having to ask, "is it bypassed?" It's awfully damn good at preserving your mix while limiting.

Dive into the styles, too. I'm surprised by the difference each algorithm can make. Transparent is usually good but sometimes Punchy feels best. And Allaround is never bad.