Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > ProControl, Control|24, Command|8

Old 01-27-2009, 02:46 PM

Default Re: New Command 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundReplay View Post
In Europe at least, prices are dropping seriously for Command 8...is this a sign?
This is what I thought too. I have seen they being sold for £435 new in a shop in one ocasion - but they didn't have many. But prices are lower than they used to be. But it may all be just speculation.
My personal opinion is that it would make no sense at all that only the command 8 would not be updated, despite of what is really going on.
Old 01-29-2009, 05:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intini View Post
This is what I thought too. I have seen they being sold for £435 new in a shop in one ocasion - but they didn't have many. But prices are lower than they used to be. But it may all be just speculation.
My personal opinion is that it would make no sense at all that only the command 8 would not be updated, despite of what is really going on.
You're talking about Digital Village I assume...

They bought them as some kind of special deal, and if you check now, they will now be back to a normal price.

In fact there was a price rise at the beginning of this year across all Digi products. I really wouldn't hold your breath on a new command 8.
Old 02-16-2009, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pezking View Post
You're talking about Digital Village I assume...

They bought them as some kind of special deal, and if you check now, they will now be back to a normal price.

In fact there was a price rise at the beginning of this year across all Digi products. I really wouldn't hold your breath on a new command 8.
You are right. I was talking about Digital Village.
Of course one day there will be a Command 8 substitute, but maybe not as soon as I imagined, I am afraid. This is just weird, as the Command 8 is clearly not in tune with the rest of the Digi line.
Personally, I will wait for the new Command 8 - maybe I am not alone?
Old 02-18-2009, 05:14 PM

I'm waiting also. From some brief research I did a while back, this thing came out not long after the 002, around 2004 if I recall correctly. What really baffles me is, that the retail price is the same as it was back then. I'll hold on to my cash until something sparks my interest, digi or not.
Old 02-22-2009, 09:37 AM

Thumbs down Re: New Command 8

I really don't think Digi can come up with a controller that's up to speed or comparable to the Euphonix Artist All Digi has is the ethernet protocol but I'm hearing that the EuCon works with great speed Also, what I've seen on the Euphonix website in terms of video's which looks promising but can anyone comment on this item because Digi is slow to the table, short on idea's and expensive in price.
Old 03-04-2009, 03:02 PM

Good luck with the Euphonix. Just buy it, and you'll see how happy you are. The C|8 is hands down, the BEST way to control Pro Tools on the cheap.

Sig
Old 03-21-2009, 12:20 PM

I wish they would update the Command 8 to match integration of the 003.

MacPro 5.1 (12) Core (2009 MacPro 8 Core Upgraded to a 12 Core MacPro), 56 Gig Ram, SSD System & 3 - 2TB Drives, OSX 10.9.5, Windows 10 Via Bootcamp
Old 06-01-2009, 02:50 PM

It's been a while.. Any news??
Old 06-15-2009, 06:16 AM

I'm waiting too... ain't going to sink any money on an (old)
Command 8...
Old 06-15-2009, 07:23 PM

Lightbulb Re: New Command 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorfish View Post
I'm waiting too... ain't going to sink any money on an (old)
Command 8...
Yea, it seems pointless to invest in old technology. There have been many improvements and features added to the Pro Tools software since the Command 8 was released. There needs to be a more updated control surface for it, functionally and ergonomically.

Even the ability to "daisy chain" multiple interfaces for PT Le, so I could justify dropping another $2k on the 003 console.

Obviously there is some kind of interest in a new Command 8 or something similar, just look at how many views there are for this thread. (4687 as I am typing this, which by the way, is the most viewed thread in this section)

Speak up people!!