How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-08-2015, 02:32 PM

Default Recording ADR Using Loops / Playlist Question

Hey guys,

Just looking for a general workflow question and would be super grateful if someone could help!

Let's say an artist wants to loop record - I'll enable my record track, highlight the bit I want to loop. . .and start recording.

So when I stop playback - after say - 4 loops. I'll have the FINAL take in the Rec track - then can click on the drop down menu of the track and choose 'Playlists' that will show me all the other takes.

---

Now My question.... Let's say you want to grab another set of takes. Do you GRAB the last take up in the rec track and drag it down to the bottom empty slot of the playlist you currently have open. Then go back to WAVEFORM view - and redo the whole process?

I never feel comfortable with these so just looking for some ideas of what I should actually do?

-----

Let's say you do the above (move your last take down to the bottom track of your playlist so you can record in your - now blank - rec track) and now you've then got a brand new clip in your REC track, and you click 'Playlists' again - do you then see everything you've recorded? Has it added new playlist tracks under your original playlist tracks?

Let's say you want to audition all of your takes one by one. Would you drag the latest take clip - down to the empty slot in the playlist again . . .then push play to playback your guide mix. . .then SOLO each take one by one? Does this SOLO not actually Solo the track - but essentially just tell Pro Tools that it's the take in the playlist you wish to listen to? So your guide will still play etc?

Or to review all the takes would you have to drag each clip up to your REC track (or push the little UP arrow next to each playlist mini-track).

Sorry for this long post - just looking some idea's as a few artists have wanted to loop record and I feel like I'm blagging my way through it!

Thanks so much for any help.