Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2019

Old 01-25-2020, 04:31 AM

Default Pro Tools 19 not match Duet firmware

Hi, I hope someone gives me a solution to my problem:
I just bought Pro Tools 2019.12 with perpetual license but when I connect my
Avid / Apogee Duet (2017) the following message appears on the screen:

Duet firmware does not macht the installed Avid software.
Please run the Pro Tools Duet Firmware Updater found in the Applications > Utilities folder.

I have updated the Duet firmware to 0.2.68 And yet the message remains the same.
Maybe this version of Pro Tools works with an older firmware?
I can control my Duet interface but I can't work with two inputs. I only have one asset. Can this have to do with this question?

I have been searching the forums for days and have tried everything they say but I still do not solve the problem.
Any suggestions?
Thanks!

Here are my specs:
MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inc, Late 2012)
2,5 GHz Intel Core i5
MacOS High Sierra 10.13.6
8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Pro Tools 2019.12
Pro Tools Duet (black) (2017)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20200125_125427.jpg (86.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Input Pro Tools.jpg (34.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 01-25-2020, 04:44 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools 19 not match Duet firmware

Try this: hold down the 'n' key on your computer keyboard and then select your audio interface.

QAPLA!
Old 01-25-2020, 07:57 AM

Hold down the "N" key as you start Pro Tools...
SonoBus
Source-Connect: brucehayward
Options for Remote Direction
Old 01-25-2020, 12:02 PM

Thank you musicman691 and The Weed. I tried to do your proposes but I don't solved my problem. Excuse me, I'm not a professional and perhaps I'm wrong...
Old 01-28-2020, 10:10 PM

I don't think it has anything to do with Pro Tools version intalled, I get same alert everytime I plug and use the Pro Tools | Duet, but it works anyway.

I think on the last couple of recent updates of PT IO (Maestro2 in disguise)/driver/firmware combo, they forgot to bring that firmware check up to date. Maybe you could try and post this to the correspondent Duet/Quartet branch if you want to reach for help on specific hardware.

Sound Engineer | Non-Avid Employee
Old 01-30-2020, 09:28 AM

Thanks, Cacov!
I will try!
Old 11-30-2020, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cacov View Post
I don't think it has anything to do with Pro Tools version intalled, I get same alert everytime I plug and use the Pro Tools | Duet, but it works anyway.

I think on the last couple of recent updates of PT IO (Maestro2 in disguise)/driver/firmware combo, they forgot to bring that firmware check up to date. Maybe you could try and post this to the correspondent Duet/Quartet branch if you want to reach for help on specific hardware.
It's Dec 2020, having similar issues up-grading the firmware on my AVID version Apogee DUET. What's infuriating is that there seems to be no firmware version 0.2.68 ALONE! it's always bundled in with either stuff I don't own, or don't want. WHY does AVID always have to make problems fort itself by doing such things?? WHY not just make available the 2.68 firmware upgrade ON ITs OWN??!

The guys at Apogee couldn't have been more helpful, and have bent over backwards to try to resolve what they admit themselves is actually an AVID issues, NOT an Apogee one. That small but exceptional company (Apogee, not AVID) deserves our support. They're small, and as a customer you feel very much respected and valuable. With AVID, I'm usually left feeling unimportant, and something of an irritation.

That's the difference between a company who remembers whose custom pays everyone's salaries, and one that seems to only pay attention if they deem you "significant enough."

It's funny - Myspace made a similar mistake, whereas Sound Cloud did not.. And look at where they are now....!?

So... Can anybody help? Trying to get hold of AVID ios about as likely as Trump proving his election was rigged! And `i do rather lose patience with them. as a result. Cannot wait to upgrade to Apogee's Symphony, their latest desktop audio interface. It's absolutely superb. And as `i say, if you're like me, and you value real customer service - then Apogee is the company for you!

Grateful in advance for any assistance - from anyone - on this issue in the meantime!
Simon