Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts

Old 05-09-2019, 10:47 AM

Default Same problem

So for last five major releases of ProTools I install and it does not work. I’ve bought the subscription and I’m good to jam.2020. But there’s not an License in my iLok for 2019.5, not in my account either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-09-2019, 10:57 AM

Default Re: Same problem

Is this a Subscription (temp license) or Update Plan (perpetual license)?

If this is a Subscription that's current, then the Pro Tools Subscription license or Pro Tools Ultimate Subscription bundle should authorize 2019.5.

If this is an Update Plan then please check the Release Limit date on your Pro Tools Perpetual or Pro Tools Ultimate Perpetual Bundle in its Details in iLok License Manager. This date should align with your Update Plan's expiration, so if your Plan is current the license/bundle should authorize 2019.5.

If you have no license in your account then please check to see if you have multiple accounts. Some customers have created new accounts during the activation process, so have an older one using a name and newer one with an email address, and have the license in one but the iLok on the other.

Can start a support case to get your account info if needed.
Old 05-09-2019, 10:58 AM

Default Same problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffro View Post
Is this a Subscription (temp license) or Update Plan (perpetual license)?

If this is a Subscription that's current, then the Pro Tools Subscription license or Pro Tools Ultimate Subscription bundle should authorize 2019.5.

If this is an Update Plan then please check the Release Limit date on your Pro Tools Perpetual or Pro Tools Ultimate Perpetual Bundle in its Details in iLok License Manager. This date should align with your Update Plan's expiration, so if your Plan is current the license/bundle should authorize 2019.5.

If you have no license in your account then please check to see if you have multiple accounts. Some customers have created new accounts during the activation process, so have an older one using a name and newer one with an email address, and have the license in one but the iLok on the other.

Can start a support case to get your account info if needed.

I’ve got an perpetual license and I’ve payed for 1 year update and support plan

Old 05-09-2019, 11:00 AM

Old 05-09-2019, 11:01 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewiz View Post
So for last five major releases of ProTools I install and it does not work. I’ve bought the subscription and I’m good to jam.2020. But there’s not an License in my iLok for 2019.5, not in my account either.

Hi,

This should be fixed by now. Please Synchronize your iLok and try launching Pro Tools 2019.5 again

Thank you,
Tope
Old 05-09-2019, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt View Post
Hi,

This should be fixed by now. Please Synchronize your iLok and try launching Pro Tools 2019.5 again

Thank you,
Tope

Old 05-14-2019, 01:39 PM

hello, i do have the exact same problem, i.e. with valid subscription license activated on iLok plugged-in, and it has not been fixed here by now - please advise. it is not the first time that we have such a stupid licensing problem, hence we should be prevented to download and install the program before the licenses work properly. thanks, marco

Last edited by treef; 05-14-2019 at 01:55 PM.
Old 05-21-2019, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by treef View Post
hello, i do have the exact same problem, i.e. with valid subscription license activated on iLok plugged-in, and it has not been fixed here by now - please advise. it is not the first time that we have such a stupid licensing problem, hence we should be prevented to download and install the program before the licenses work properly. thanks, marco
You have a Pro Tools Perpetual Bundle (with 10/11/12) with Release Limit 1/20/2020 and a Pro Tools Subscription with exp 6/2/2019 on your iLok2 - either one should authorize PT up through the current version - don't need both activated. Can you please make sure your iLok License Manager is up to date then Synchronize your iLok?