Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11

Old 11-10-2015, 11:32 AM

Default AAE error 6

Hi !
I wonder if someone out there have experienced issues with an "AAE error 6"?

I'm running PT 11 on a Windows 7 Ultimate machine and I'm getting this problem every now and then.
Anyone who can help?
Old 12-07-2015, 08:58 AM

Default Re: AAE error 6

Same error here. I tryed by using a different machine, but the error appears as well.. I'm starting to think that this has something to do with third party plugins...

Windows 7 Ultimate
Intel Core i7 @3.6 Ghz
Motu 8Pre
RAM 16GB
PT 11.3.1

Last edited by bassblanco; 12-07-2015 at 09:00 AM. Reason: wrong spelling
Old 12-21-2015, 07:27 PM

For me, I found that it's my SPL Ranger plugin that is causing it. I would love to have a solution since I need to bounce some sessions which include the plugin ASAP.

Thanks!
Old 12-22-2015, 05:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubben View Post
Hi !
I wonder if someone out there have experienced issues with an "AAE error 6"?

I'm running PT 11 on a Windows 7 Ultimate machine and I'm getting this problem every now and then.
Anyone who can help?
Hi did you tried this ?!

1. Consolidate audio in the session.*
2. Delete the wave cache file that is usually next to the PTx or PTs session file you are using .*

That made the fix permanently for me .*

Keep the volume UP !
Old 12-22-2015, 07:10 AM

I've tried those things as well as many others.

I agree that it seams to be related to plug-ins, but perhaps only to the point where it's just because it was the one PT was trying to load or run at the time the error happened. The error behaves like a memory conflict or something.

Sometimes my machine's almost sitting still and then a little blip followed by an error. Other times it's jus the error, and still other times, it's just a crash with no warning or anything. Just my desktop staring me in the face.

My errors are flakier than just a AAE 6 error now. I was going alright for a few days, rebuilding my latest Session from raw audio files. I got it all built, inserted plugs and all was going fine. Almost to the same point I was when it all started. I had to run an errand yesterday and was away from my machine for many hours. It started wigging out on me the moment I tried to do anything. This time was back to AAE 6 errors with signs pointing to Softube's Tube-Tech. That ended up being a dead end.

Has anyone tried to update the Pace or iLok software? That's my next step.

One other thing is that I can make it fail right now within a few seconds just by using my MIDI keyboard on the stock mini-grand.
Old 12-28-2015, 07:42 AM

i had the same problem.
i found out, that my grafic card driver was bad. so i installed all old versions till i found the right driver.