Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows

Old 01-22-2018, 06:03 PM

Default Track Output Issue

I am running PT 11.3 in Windows 7 with a Kontakt 6 audio interface.

Prior to this interface I had an mBox2. I started doing some work on an older track of mine from the mBox days. Changing the input to the new interface was a piece of cake but the outs still show mBox2.

I went up to the I/O menu and could see that mBox2 is still there. No menu there in the I/O section gives me an option to change the outputs for all the tracks. There are checkmarks for mBox2 but there is no other option to change it to. The track plays but if I do something in MIDI to bus over to audio, there is no sound for it. Any idea as to what I can do to fix this?
Old 01-22-2018, 08:37 PM

Default Re: Track Output Issue

Have you gone into Hardware Setup and changed the "audio engine" to the Kontact device?

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 01-22-2018, 09:12 PM

Yes, I did. All of my other tracks, a couple hundred, work fine. The Kontakt interface shows up and there are no issues. It's just this one.

When I go into SETUP, HARDWARE, it shows the correct interface.....same for PLAYBACK ENGINE. It is when I go into the BUS section of I/O that it shows the Mbox2 out 1-2 instead of OUTPUT 1 / OUTPUT 2.

I guess I need to create a NEW PATH? I'm just uncertain as to what I'd do there.

Thanks for responding.
Old 01-22-2018, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bfearr View Post
I guess I need to create a NEW PATH? I'm just uncertain as to what I'd do there.

It’s very possible that you Named the Outputs Mbox1/2. (whatever they are called)

And this this would remain even after changing interfaces.

You defaulted the io? On all tabs?

Push comes to shove you can trash prefs and try again
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.
Old 01-23-2018, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bfearr View Post
I am running PT 11.3 in Windows 7 with a Kontakt 6 audio interface.

Prior to this interface I had an mBox2. I started doing some work on an older track of mine from the mBox days. Changing the input to the new interface was a piece of cake but the outs still show mBox2.

I went up to the I/O menu and could see that mBox2 is still there. No menu there in the I/O section gives me an option to change the outputs for all the tracks. There are checkmarks for mBox2 but there is no other option to change it to. The track plays but if I do something in MIDI to bus over to audio, there is no sound for it. Any idea as to what I can do to fix this?

Hello,

After your choose your playback engine, which I see you already did, click on default in the input, output and bus tabs of the I/O (which is in the setup menu).
Or simply, when you open a new session, click stereo out in the IO setting drop down menu, It'll default it to ur interface's IO. That would be in the pop up window display when ur opening a new session.

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk