Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-20-2018, 07:18 PM

Default Pro Tools 10.3.4 won't connect to third party interfaces

I use PT Express 10.3.4 that was bundled with an Avid Mbox Mini. This all works fine. But I want to be able to use an interface that has more channels and features. I have a Behringer UMC-404HD and a Tascam US-1800 and have been unable to get those interfaces to be recognized by PT. 1) I have performed clean installs of the latest drivers for each interface. When either of these 3rd party interfaces is installed, during startup PT indicates "Unable to locate hardware. Make sure your hardware is connected and turned on Click "OK" when the hardware is ready." The hardware is, of course, connected and turned on; and the only option is to cancel and then Pro Tools launch fails. 2) When launching I have pressed & held "N" after the display of the PT splash screen with the same result. 3) I have installed ASIO4All drivers with the same result. 4) I have even tried launching PT with both the AVID and third party interfaces attached in hopes I would be able to change hardware in settings after a successful launch. Because the Avid interface is connected, launch is successful, but the 3rd party interfaces are not shown as options to select.

Has anyone successfully gotten a non-Avid interface to work with PT 10.3.4 Express? If yes, do you recall how you accomplished it?

Does anyone know of a hack or other approach to get my PT to recognize one of my 3rd party interfaces.

BTW - the third party interfaces work just fine with other software on my system...only PT 10.3.4 express fails to recognize them.

I realize that my version of PT is legacy, and that I'm running it on an OS not identified as compatible by Avid (Win 10), but everything works just fine EXCEPT that it will not recognize my Behringer or Tascam interfaces. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

This is my first time on the Forum, if I am in the wrong place or not following protocol, your feedback is appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
Old 01-20-2018, 08:39 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools 10.3.4 won't connect to third party interfaces

Hi and Welcome to the Community

Sorry to say but PT 10 Express does not work with third party interfaces and is limited to 16 tracks total.

If you wanna run your other interfaces you will need PT9 and up but as PT12 is the versionsold now you would need a second hand license if you want PT9/10/11.

Here is the info from Avid:

http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/en_US/FAQ/en436171

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————