Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Aspera DigiDelivery

Old 01-31-2009, 04:30 PM

Default Something has happened to my DD server

I now get a Network Test error and I am unable to get any updates on my DD server. I am wonder how this "Change over" has affected my server. I am a little miffed that I now even have to pay $575.00 to send a email to find what has happened. Thank - You Digidesign!
Old 01-31-2009, 07:49 PM

Default Re: Something has happened to my DD server

I'm not seeing a problem on the one I have access to.

One thing that does happen is if there is a power outage and the DD reboots before the network is up and running, the DD server gets locked into a network error loop that is not cured by additional rebooting. You literally have to pull the power cord and wait a couple of minutes. Then, plug it back in, boot it up and everything should come up rosy.

A bug for sure.
Old 02-03-2009, 07:58 AM

Default Re: Something has happened to my DD server

Quote:
I now get a Network Test error and I am unable to get any updates on my DD server. I am wonder how this "Change over" has affected my server. I am a little miffed that I now even have to pay $575.00 to send a email to find what has happened. Thank - You Digidesign!
Chris Markle here from Aspera. We, not Digidesign, are now responsible for DigiDelivery support and maintenance. Each of the emails we sent you about the transition and the postings here on DUC noted that Aspera would take calls on transition-related issues, regardless of whether you had a support agreement in place or not.

Please send an email to [email protected] with your contact information and as detailed a description of your issue as you can provide, and we'll look into it. Please enable CS access mode ahead of time and let us know your system's external IP address.

I expect network tests to fail until your system is completely updated. But the update process should work even if your system is not yet completely updated. Are you sure that you have tried updating via Check for Software Updates? You may want to reboot (via the admin interface) and try the updates again...

Again if you can't ge tthis working contact Aspera at [email protected]. Thanks!

Chris