Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 02-15-2020, 06:35 AM

Default Re: Health Insurance Blues:How do small business owners & Musicians manage this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFreak View Post
You win
Word

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 02-15-2020, 10:10 AM

Default Re: Health Insurance Blues:How do small business owners & Musicians manage this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
Word
Vid

https://y.yarn.co/f5380396-1c5a-462c...?1581790160122
Old 02-15-2020, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfreak View Post
hahahahahahahahaha

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 02-15-2020, 04:19 PM

Do what every good red blooded American freelancer does: marry a wife with a job that includes health insurance!

I just got back on health insurance after being off for about a year and a half.

My tour is a union tour and so I get to buy in to the IATSE national benefits plan. Which also means that I guess I'm going to stay out on the road for a few years now to keep the insurance.

Lenovo P50: quad-core i7-6820hq, 64GB, 2TB SSD, Win 10 Pro / Protools Ultimate 2023.6 / HD|Native-TB
2018 MacBook Pro: six-core i9, 32GB, 1TB, Monterey / Protools Studio 2023.6, / DVS / DAR, L-ISA Studio

Home/mobile: Focusrite Red 8Pre+HD32R / Clarett 4Pre
Road/hotel: Roland OctaCaputre / Apogee One
Old 02-20-2020, 05:46 PM

Health insurance in the US is a complicated problem that is different for everyone’s unique situation. From my experience, if you can get on a government plan and are poor, the insurance is very good as long as you stay poor and you and your spouse remain self employed and/or continue to work for companies that do not provide health insurance. The minute you take a job that offers any kind of health insurance and/or make more than a certain amount of money per year for your family size, it suddenly gets very expensive.

If a MIDI event triggers a sample of a tree falling and there's no one there to hear it, does it make a sound?
Old 04-07-2020, 03:38 AM

I try to provide the best possible insurance for my workers. And it worth it when they face serious health issues. Insurance helped to cover one of my worker's rehabilitation bills.