Default Mojave 10.14 install

So far so good. I am running 12.4
MAC OSX Big Sur
Old 09-25-2018, 12:47 PM

Default Re: Mojave 10.14 install

Quote:
Originally Posted by mspin View Post
So far so good. I am running 12.4
At the risk of high jacking this thread... ALL Mac users should download this installer today (or within the week) even if they have no immediate or future plans of using Mojave.

Doing so will allow you to upgrade to any future Mojave dot version down the road should you at some point want or need to upgrade, re-install or downgrade a new machine (assuming that is allowed...).

Once the 10.14.0 version is taken down by Apple, it will no longer be available - ever. Subsequent dot version updates will always be available.

Having this installer as a saved backup will allow you to upgrade to whatever dot version is supported by your DAW even if that ins't the latest Apple version.

mspin... thanks for the working upgrade notification!
Apple Mac Studio M2 MAX, 10 core, 96Gb RAM, 1TB SSD, 250Gb M.2 NMV recording disk, 2x1Tb (RAID 0) M.2 NMV sample disk, Sonnet Tech Echo Express III-D (Thunderbolt 3 Edition), UAD-2 OCTO PCIe, Glyph Blackbox PRO RAID (backup), macOS Ventura 13.4, Pro Tools 2023.6 1xHDX, AVID Omni HD.
Old 09-26-2018, 07:50 AM

Hey Quinn

Thanks for the info. Its been a couple of days since install and everything so far is good.
MAC OSX Big Sur
Old 09-26-2018, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMightyQuinn View Post
At the risk of high jacking this thread... ALL Mac users should download this installer today (or within the week) even if they have no immediate or future plans of using Mojave.

Doing so will allow you to upgrade to any future Mojave dot version down the road should you at some point want or need to upgrade, re-install or downgrade a new machine (assuming that is allowed...).

Once the 10.14.0 version is taken down by Apple, it will no longer be available - ever. Subsequent dot version updates will always be available.

Having this installer as a saved backup will allow you to upgrade to whatever dot version is supported by your DAW even if that ins't the latest Apple version.

Thank you / it’s on a USB in my safe now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I am the main songwriter/performer for Midwest Whitetail, Cabela's Deer Nation, Spring Thunder, and Northern Waters Series!
Old 09-26-2018, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMightyQuinn View Post

Sorry. Stupid question, but where do I go if I only want to download the OS?
If you go through System Prefs and Updates, it will download and install, right?

Can you just log into the apple store with your user name (and a registered product that allows you to download Mojave)?
Old 09-26-2018, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKZ View Post
Sorry. Stupid question, but where do I go if I only want to download the OS?
If you go through System Prefs and Updates, it will download and install, right?

Can you just log into the apple store with your user name (and a registered product that allows you to download Mojave)?
Mojave did not even show up under the "updates" section of MAS for myself. I had to go to the actual Mojave MAS page. If they don't have it as a massive banner as you log in it will be under "featured" or you could search for it

It has always been how things work, which is once it is downloaded it will run the installer. However, its not like it ACTUALLY installs since it requires several user selections to even actually start the install process, such as selecting which drive you want it go onto.

OSX 10.13.6 - Pro Tools 2018.12 - Presonus Studio 192 / Digi 003 Rack+
Focusrite Clarett OctoPre - AKG HPE6 - DBX160A - WA76
Old 09-26-2018, 08:27 PM

Also Note for silver Mac Pro's "To install macOS Mojave, a firmware update is required."
Also consider this upgrade moves deeper into APFS Volume Format.