Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-12-2013, 08:58 PM

Default How do I authorize my BF Classic Compressor Bundle

Hello everyone, I am new posting here, please bare with me. I started with PT 9 for students, then I got a free upgrade to PT10 (download), I am now using PT 10.3.7 on a MacPro 10.7.5. I purchased a Digi 003 rack + and am currently using that as an interface. This purchase came with a PT LE 8 disc which I didn't have to install because I already had PT10 installed. Now, I am trying to get the Classic Compressor bundle that I am entitled to with the purchase of the 003 rack +. I downloaded the Classic Compressor Bundle from the Avid website and thought I was set, but when I launch PT, it stops loading and says that all the plugins that I installed need to be authorized (my iLok is plugged in).

Does anyone know what I have to do to get my BF Classic Compressor bundle?
Old 12-12-2013, 09:07 PM

Default Re: How do I authorize my BF Classic Compressor Bundle

Hi and Welcome to the forum

I forwarded this and hopefully someone steps in who knows about this very shortly. Stay tuned

Best Regards
Christopher

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 12-12-2013, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericarpio View Post
Hello everyone, I am new posting here, please bare with me. I started with PT 9 for students, then I got a free upgrade to PT10 (download), I am now using PT 10.3.7 on a MacPro 10.7.5. I purchased a Digi 003 rack + and am currently using that as an interface. This purchase came with a PT LE 8 disc which I didn't have to install because I already had PT10 installed. Now, I am trying to get the Classic Compressor bundle that I am entitled to with the purchase of the 003 rack +. I downloaded the Classic Compressor Bundle from the Avid website and thought I was set, but when I launch PT, it stops loading and says that all the plugins that I installed need to be authorized (my iLok is plugged in).

Does anyone know what I have to do to get my BF Classic Compressor bundle?
Have you registered your product when you bought it?

Wave-T.com
Old 12-12-2013, 10:10 PM

Yes, I registered my Digi 003 rack + factory bundle when i bought it.
Old 12-12-2013, 10:20 PM
Admin Emeritus

The Factory plug-ins included with the 003 Rack+ Factory product do not show up on your iLok account, so it sounds to me like you need to register that part of the product. Check the packaging to see if you missed any registration cards.

Looking at your iLok account, I don't see them there, so I doubt they came preauthorized on an iLok with the product. But if they did, then maybe you haven't synched that iLok to your iLok account.

It's more likely that you just haven't registered the Factory software part of the product with Avid. It doesn't show up in your products in your Avid account. Was this a sealed box purchased from an authorized Avid dealer?

Your records indicate that the email with your free upgrade to Pro Tools 11 was sent to you on July 17th. And I found that you have not used that activation yet. Check the Private Message I sent you with a copy of that.
Old 12-12-2013, 10:34 PM

Thank you very much Bruce. I found a registration card in my 003 box, I believe this it the card I needed, I will try it right now. I see the upgrade to PT11 I will need to purchase a new iLok, I believe, because I have the old one.
Old 12-12-2013, 10:59 PM

It was't the registration card Bruce, when I bought the 003 rack +, it also came with an iLok, but I never used it because I already had one. I'm looking at it right now and I think my problem is that this iLok I never used has the plug-ins I'm missing pre-authorized. So, I think I have to use this other iLok to get my BF bundle going.
Old 12-12-2013, 11:34 PM

Problem solved! Thanx for the help fellas...
Old 12-12-2013, 11:44 PM

Bruce came in and saved the Day so great you got this working I was not able to help so I sent this on to Avid and Bruce also sent you the PT11 license so you have the latest version which is great by the way.

Best
Christopher

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 12-13-2013, 05:47 PM

Thank you very much Christopher, thanx to Bruce, I dug through my registration cards and found the iLok that had the licenses for the Bomb Factory Compressor bundle, and a huge plus was the upgrade code for PT11 that I had no idea I was entitled to.

Thanx Again

Erick.