Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 08-18-2013, 11:15 AM

Default Having trouble muting audio track

Hope someone can help me out. I am using Pro Tools Express (only had it a little under 2 months now) and recording an audiobook. I just finished a chapter on a track and I added another track to record the next chapter. I currently have 6 tracks recorded and now that I've added the seventh I can't get track 6 to mute. I can put it in "mute mode," but when I start recording on the seventh track it "unmutes" and begins playback while I'm trying to read. I've done everything I can think of so now it's forum time. Anyone have a solution? I'd sure appreciate your help.
Old 08-18-2013, 11:21 AM

Default Re: Having trouble muting audio track

Looks like you have mute automation "on." Look on the mute automation track -- click into what might say "waveform" or "volume" change it to "mute". Highlight everything and hit delete. Now the mute automation is gone. Then go to the Automation window and make the "mute" button not active. This way you can play your track and mute away and not have it save this information for later recall.
Old 08-18-2013, 12:13 PM

Default Re: Having trouble muting audio track

Thanks Rikk, I couldn't find the mute automation however, I clicked the read button under the "waveform" button and next to the "dyn" button and turned it off. That worked butt I don't think that was what you meant. Thanks anyway.