Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-11-2001, 10:49 AM

Default What\'s the deal?

When I do a cross fade it adds pops and clicks, when I take the fade off the clicks disappear, why is this happening, and is there a way around it because I need the cross fade. Anyone experience this headache?
Old 03-12-2001, 10:46 AM

Default Re: What\'s the deal?

My guess is that the "pops and clicks" are in the audio. When you do a cross fade you end up hearing before and after the edit point. For example youve trimed a reigon that fas a big pop at the begening to just after the pop, you slide that reigon up to another and do a cross fade. The pop will show up again because the cross fade is using audio "before" your edit to make the cross fade. Try trimm ing back farther so that the xfade doesn't use the pop.
Ofcourse you might have found a new bug in that case ignore every thing I just said.
SK
Old 03-12-2001, 09:05 PM

Noiz, I got to about the fourth sentence of your post and had to start over everytime cause it was going by me, then I finally got to the last line, that was funny. But the thing is is there isn't a pop on either piece of audio when I play them in their original state, that's why it's wierd, maybe it's just a bad file or some microscopic bug, who knows, it's just buggin' me, I'll just reload the sound effect from the dat, or use another one,but it keeps happening,oh well, thanks for your input.

Old 03-12-2001, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by fumunda:
Noiz, I got to about the fourth sentence of your post and had to start over everytime cause it was going by me
Sorry I reread my post and it went by me also... the other thing you might have is a DC offset to check zoom way the hell in and magnify alot on a "silent" area (or close) the waveform or line should be right on the center line. If its above or below you have an offsett. Use the DC offset removal tool under Audiosuite and it should help alot.
SK
Old 03-14-2001, 12:08 AM

noiz, thanks alot, I will try that, I think you are right.
Old 03-14-2001, 12:48 AM

trash the digi setup. this may solve your problem.