Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-19-2023, 07:17 AM

Default Track list partially obscured

In PT 12, My track list sometimes gets partially obscured. I realize I can fully display it by selecting various display options, but what I really need to see is the upper left corner track editing options box that gives the choices of “ slip”; “ grid”, etc. I can only see about half of it.
No doubt I have inadvertently created this situation while making other or editing choices I thought necessary st timeshile not noticing what it was doing elsewhere at the time.
This problem is project specific, meaning it does not appear in any other save projects than I can pull up. I have tried exiting Pro Tools, re-booting the system, and no change. Any ideas?
Old 07-19-2023, 12:47 PM

Default Re: Track list partially obscured

This is confusing to me, so maybe post a screen shot of what you now see? In any case, if you can't see the 4 mode buttons(Shuffle, Slip, Grid, Spot) then I suspect your main window is not centered on the screen. With the parent window NOT maximized, drag the top bar until you can see the top menu choices(File, Edit, View, etc) until you can see "File" and then drag the edges to fill the screen(top, bottom and right). Then you can maximize the Mix/Edit windows within the parent window(assuming you are on a PC and not Mac as you left out details). If that still doesn't reveal the 4 mode buttons, maybe you have too many things enabled? Upper right(below the minimize/maximize buttons) there's a little down-arrow where you can choose what is shown across the top of the Edit window. Try not showing anything you don't really need to see

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 07-19-2023, 01:24 PM

There’s no doubt the view is not centered on the screen, but even though I can grab it and move the view, it just moves the clipped portion. I can usually grab the borders and stretch the view to reveal what I need to see, but not in this project. I’ve tried switching screens, closing this session and loading others, exiting Pro Tools, re-booting the computer- nothing changes. Like I said, all other projects I pull up, show themselves just fine. If I create a new project, it works just fine. To add to the puzzle, I’ve been working on this project a couple weeks, but this bug just appeared day before yesterday.
Old 07-19-2023, 01:25 PM

Oh, and I’ve tried closing edit options and different combinations.
Old 07-21-2023, 08:30 AM

You have still given absolutely zero information and nobody can offer much. Given that its only this one session, create a new blank session(same sample rate and bit depth) and import all the tracks from the troubled session.

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave