Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-05-2011, 06:09 PM

Default PT 9 not seeing any peripherals

I have had some (frustrating) issues with my Pro Tools 9 not seeing Peripherals.

Perhaps I am missing something very basic?

At this point I am trying to get Pro Tools 9.0.2 to see my M-Audio Profire 610 firewire device. I click on "Setup", and then "Hardware..." and under "Peripherals" all it shows is "Built-In Output".

When I click on "Launch Setup App", it opens the Audio Midi Setup, and I see ProFire610 in the list, but can't do anything with it. When I click on "Pro Tools Aggregate Device", and shows Built-In Mic, Built-In Input, Built-In Output, Presonus Firestudio (which is grayed out, and I sold/no longer have), and those four are check marked. Then there is Soundflower (2ch), Soundflower (16ch), and Profire610, all of which are unchecked. At the bottom it says "Sample rate mismatch".

ALSO, from the main window in PT, when I click on "Setup" and then "I/O...", and then "Input", the ability to click "New Path" is not there- it is faded out.

Please help me see what I am missing/what I need to do. Extremely aggravating, but am hoping this is a basic user/operator error.

My System-
Pro Tools 9.0.2
Mac OSX 10.6.7
2.5 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo/4 Gig of ram (Early 2008 MBP)

Let me know if you need any more info.

Thanks folks!

Ryan