Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-09-2005, 06:49 AM

Default Re: Let\'s hear your latest stuff....right here

Scott,
This band actually the drummer came in by himself and played to a click without the band. We did this in multiple steps with him. He played one section, we then changed the tempo and he played the next. Once all the parts were done and we were happy we then put it all together. Worked out great, but man it was work to get it all sync'd up. We then like I said used a kick that we sampled the other night as well as a snare, dup'd the original tracks, strip silenced the new and then replaced one and blended the two together. Added some compression and verb and wha la. The guitars only have RComp's on them, no other Eq's were applied. I really liked the over all sounds. Also, ran the Room mic (RODE NTK) and the overheads back out and into the Distressors to add some sizzle back to it and tame some transients.

Thanks,

- Doc

MONUMENT SOUND ON YOUTUBE

Monument Sound Facebook

"Changing how people hear music one track at a time"
Old 06-09-2005, 07:10 AM

Gotcha. You know, I have yet to have to apply any EQ to my Mesa tracks. Those things translate great.

Great job on this track!
Old 06-09-2005, 07:13 AM

Thanks! 4 more to go... and then finishing up another project this weekend. Getting ready to start a hopeful higher profile client down the road here. At least in my area as far as profile. Pretty cool stuff. Acoustic rock, but really good. Jason Mraz and O.A.R. like.

- Doc

Monument Sound Facebook

Old 06-09-2005, 11:18 AM

Speaking of Jason Mraz, he was just up here in MI last night with Alanis Morissette. We were out at the show last night. The engineer did a hell of a job on the sound for the night for everything.
Old 06-09-2005, 10:55 PM

Inteldoc/Chris,
Great job on the I.T.L. song...interesting about recording the drums first, and the time changes in sections. Sounds really good overall.

-Roy

Tempest18/Chris,

I can't get your sample file to play...it says I must 'buy a license' or something to that effect. I'de like to hear it.

-Roy
Old 06-10-2005, 03:55 AM

Quote:
Inteldoc/Chris,
Great job on the I.T.L. song...interesting about recording the drums first, and the time changes in sections. Sounds really good overall.

-Roy

Tempest18/Chris,

I can't get your sample file to play...it says I must 'buy a license' or something to that effect. I'de like to hear it.

-Roy
Hey,

Sorry about that Roy. I'm not sure whats up with media player. iTunes isnt working at the moment so I'm having to use that. I'll sort it out now.

The song is by no means finished. Its just the basic tracks recorded with a bit of compression very badly. I just blasted the raw mix through an L2 to get some volume for now.

It should be fixed now

www.geocities.com/boarderguyx

Thanks

Chris Tempest
Crucial 1gig DDR PC3200 CAS3
Western Digital 80GB x2
Radeon 9200SE 64 DDR
Enermax Noisetaker 370W
Old 06-10-2005, 09:55 AM

Roy: really enjoyed "Lovers". It seems to me that your productions are getting nicer and nicer. The guitars have such an interesting texture that supports the entire song. Tasteful use of stereo panning effects on the guitars. I really like the chord changes in the bridge/chorus and the flute accents throughout the verses had me smiling too. On top of all of this, she has a wonderful voice.

Overall, a pleasure Roy! Congratulations on another fine song: well written, played, and produced.

CrossFire Studios
Old 06-10-2005, 10:18 AM

Roy,
Great tune! Here voice sounds much better than the original post. Very clear and your guitar playing still freaks me out. So clean, so clear. Always good to hear .

- Doc

Monument Sound Facebook

Old 06-10-2005, 12:55 PM

Roy,

Re: Lovers

The guitar is mesmerizing. I love it. How did you create that sound for the intro? It really does sound like a combination of evolving synth pad and guitar.

The drums are so clean and clear yet full. How did you record/process?

Anna's voice mixes beautifully with the guitar sounds you have created and the pan flute draws the two together even more. Well done. I have saved the tune for future listening. Thanks for sharing.

ANy chance of hearing an uncompressed version of Lovers??

dave
K8V-SE Deluxe 4G DDR400
Radeon 9200SE-128M
Maxt 80G; WD 200G
CG8 200G SATA
Old 06-10-2005, 01:13 PM

Doc,

Great recording. I love the thick crunch in the guitars and the subtle ping in the snare. The lead guitar sound reminds me a little of one of my favorite bands--Bad Religion--love it.

So I take it from other posts of yours that this style of music is not the norm for you. I guess it is a bit of a challenge to work on something that involves a style of music that is not close to your heart. That is my experience anyways. Well done. The mix is heavy with lots of crunch but the clarity is also there throughout.

I guess the benefit of having a lead singer like this is that you can travel to and showcase your music in any country and the natives will assume that he is singing in their native tongue...hee hee. BTW did you put some form of chastity belt thingy between the singer and your microphone or pull out the radioshack model ?

dave
K8V-SE Deluxe 4G DDR400
Radeon 9200SE-128M
Maxt 80G; WD 200G
CG8 200G SATA