Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-20-2005, 07:30 AM

Default Re: Let\'s hear your latest stuff....right here

I sent you an e-mail powerjoe. I will certainly buy that album if it gets re-released. Again, great work. It will be awesome to hear the album mixed with todays technology. However, when you have a performance like that, I don't think it matters whether it's mixed in PTLE or with a bunch of K-Mart boom boxes recorded from tape to tape. A good song is a good song no matter what media it's in.
Old 05-20-2005, 08:29 AM

bump

Come on, is it that bad that I deserve no feedback?
http://membres.lycos.fr/cedrik0s/songs.html

Quote:
Hi all.

We you be so gentle and tell me what you think of these two songs on
regarding the mix, and regarding the music itself?

Done at home alone with my computer.

Thanks
Old 05-20-2005, 09:03 AM

Default Re: Latest stuff

Joz,
Good stuff as usual... again, this was not all done on the 002. You still using that SSL board?

- Doc

MONUMENT SOUND ON YOUTUBE

Monument Sound Facebook

"Changing how people hear music one track at a time"
Old 05-20-2005, 10:28 AM

Seeing as you've done this all alone at home, I can really apreciate that as I'm a one man act myself. Very nice dynamics on the song Do you remember. I like the way you brought it in with the quiet guitar in the begging. It's very remenicent of George Harrison (yes of the Beatles). The ending where it picks up is nice too, I like how it gets nice and full at the end. I'd add just a touch of a high frequncey boost to add some "air" to your vocals as I think it will bring out the natural rasp in your voice. This is by no means my normal type of music I listen too, but I found it very enjoyable.
Old 05-20-2005, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Super,
Just a song for the wife.... Kinda funny really. My B-day is in 10 days, and I just bought her a new DELL laptop. strange! No man, she loves dance stuff, (oakenfold, sasha, etc) so I have been trying to get a long self mix done for her. This is only the beginning.

Thanks for the listen. Vocals? maybe, but surely not me!

- Doc
haha, well Happy Birthday in advance man!! Tell her you need some new gear for the studio for your b-day man. Tell her that you got the laptop for her and it is your b-day. Thats cool that it is only the beginning man. I have some old techno tunes laying around that I programmed in Acid back in the day long before I got hold of PT that I should post up here maybe. lol Look forward to hearing some more. peace
Old 05-20-2005, 10:35 AM

Default Re: new Overnight Lows

Quote:
Here's a pre-mix of a song that we rerecorded!
http://www.overnightlows.com/music/wheredowego.mp3

Joz
Joz, great job on the tunes always man! I have not heard anything from you guys that I didn't dig yet honestly. I e-mailed you from your bands site a while back to see what you guys are doing lately, but had never received a reply. I figured you were busy, but if you guys ever need any bands to work with on shows, I could reccomend a couple out that way that your style would go very well with and maybe help boost your fan base a bit. take it easy
Old 05-20-2005, 10:48 AM

Quote:
bump

Come on, is it that bad that I deserve no feedback?

Wonderfall: Haven't been on here since 9pm last night yet to catch the new tunes man. lol Otherwise, I dig the tracks. I think the writing on "Do you remember" is the great out of the two honestly. I really like it how the full band comes in at the 3:20 mark in the track to finish out the song. The one thing I would suggest is to bring up the mix a little bit and make it a little more punchier for the first half of the song with the acoustic and vox. I was sitting here playing with my stereo volume to bring it up and down kinda.

As for the other track, it sort of reminds me a little of the british pop kinda stuff like Cold Play/Oasis... somewhere in there. Sounds good, but I have never been much into the style honestly myself. Keep up the good work though man!
Old 05-20-2005, 11:39 AM

Finally back up and fully networked. Here's the other 3 songs that we ran that session. Again, these are merely preliminary takes for a demo. One of the guitars changes to bass in songs 3 and 4, and he is definately re-performing his parts. We'll improve his tone and get rid of the hiss on the retakes. But here they are in their raw glory:

Song 2
Song 3
Song 4

and the first one that I posted (and the only one that I know the title for) is Summertime

CrossFire Studios
Old 05-20-2005, 11:43 AM

Hey Joz,

Quite a catchy tune, I like the verses more than chorus. You really have that polished professional sound down. What you mics you using to get those great drum sounds? Everything sounds so punchy and clear.

Good job

Chris Tempest
Crucial 1gig DDR PC3200 CAS3
Western Digital 80GB x2
Radeon 9200SE 64 DDR
Enermax Noisetaker 370W
Old 05-20-2005, 11:53 AM

Joz-

Sounds great. Although I think you guys as a band are really the "secret" behind your engineering... easy to get great sounding stuff when the performances are great!

Good job!