Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2011, 02:59 PM

Exclamation IF you're SERIOUS about 11R Stand Alone Editor

Hi Everyone, I posted the following in other groups groups, but I hope it will be helpful here:

Anyone that has not voted on this, would you please consider going to the following URL and doing so:

http://protools.ideascale.com/a/dtd/25603-3779#

I asking that you actually VOTE, not just put a comment on the bottom of the page.....PLEASE?

I have to believe there are more than 238 people that HATES having to open Pro Tools and wait while it checks and loads every plug-in known to man, just so you can load a patch to the 11R from your computers hard drive...

Just a thought guys.

At This point in time the ranking for this issue has been moved up to 28 so it could be moved pretty easily IF we all would just cast a vote for it.

One last thing, the 11 Editor is not just for tweaking presets, but it is also necessary to load any presets from your computers hard drive.

Respectfully,
Str@man
Old 10-13-2011, 03:54 PM

Default Re: IF you're SERIOUS about 11R Stand Alone Editor

Not that its a bad idea or anything but is it perhaps possible that most of the 11R users are giving other potential features priority? Not having an stand alone editor hasn't kept me from using the 11R or programing it from the front panel.

Anyone complaining about the 11R's front panel needs to spend a couple of hours tweaking an old Digitech GSP 2112 Artist only to have their presets disappear on the next power cycle

Not saying I wouldn't mind an editor mind you. Just that theres a whole ton of stuff I would rather see first. And yes I voted for an editor.

Formerly Hobo Wan Kenobi

Core 2 Specs Page

ASUS P6T6 Revolution | i7 930 | 12GB OCZ DDR3 1600 7-7-7-20 | PTLE 10 | CPTK | 003 | Presonus D8 | 11Rack | Alesis AI3 | Presonus HP60 | Mercury + Studio Classics | Sound Toys | MasseyPack | Axiom61 | MAudio Keystation Pro 88
Old 10-13-2011, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunburst79 View Post
Not that its a bad idea or anything but is it perhaps possible that most of the 11R users are giving other potential features priority? Not having an stand alone editor hasn't kept me from using the 11R or programing it from the front panel.

Anyone complaining about the 11R's front panel needs to spend a couple of hours tweaking an old Digitech GSP 2112 Artist only to have their presets disappear on the next power cycle

Not saying I wouldn't mind an editor mind you. Just that theres a whole ton of stuff I would rather see first. And yes I voted for an editor.
Hey there sunburst79!!

First, I like that name bro

I don't disagree with any of your post my friend because you make a lot of valid points.

I just hoping to get this link in front of as many people that MIGHT vote for it because just talking about it on different groups won't have the same effect as an actual vote, that's all.

Thanks for taking time to reply and for your thoughts man, and THANKS for voting too
Old 10-13-2011, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Str@man View Post
Hey there sunburst79!!

First, I like that name bro

I don't disagree with any of your post my friend because you make a lot of valid points.

I just hoping to get this link in front of as many people that MIGHT vote for it because just talking about it on different groups won't have the same effect as an actual vote, that's all.

Thanks for taking time to reply and for your thoughts man, and THANKS for voting too
I have a thing for Sunburst Les Pauls....I should probably seek medical help for it. I did find a black R8 so thats a positive step. Most of the Fenders are solid colors. All though some are sunburst also.....

I was trying to point out that its a good idea. Often times people seem to feel slighted if no one vote on their idea.

Formerly Hobo Wan Kenobi

Core 2 Specs Page

ASUS P6T6 Revolution | i7 930 | 12GB OCZ DDR3 1600 7-7-7-20 | PTLE 10 | CPTK | 003 | Presonus D8 | 11Rack | Alesis AI3 | Presonus HP60 | Mercury + Studio Classics | Sound Toys | MasseyPack | Axiom61 | MAudio Keystation Pro 88
Old 10-13-2011, 05:01 PM

Voted!
Old 10-13-2011, 05:04 PM

I think most of us have already voted for this months and months ago.

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 10-13-2011, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunburst79 View Post
I was trying to point out that its a good idea. Often times people seem to feel slighted if no one vote on their idea.
Yeppers, I know what you mean my friend and I do appreciate you taking time to reply

About the only way to cure that sunburst condition that you have is to continually buy more and more until you are just sick of seeing them..

(Please feel free to print this out and show it to the little lady with this part removed)
Old 10-13-2011, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassmanjazz View Post
Voted!
Thanks Bro!!!!
Old 10-13-2011, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoni View Post
I think most of us have already voted for this months and months ago.
Hey Benoni!!

I feel like I know you man from all of the post's I have read of yours bro!

I LOVED those patches you have shared with all of us!!!!!!!!!

I know must of us that have been around the 11R for awhile have already voted on this and many other ones, for that matter, but I'm hoping to get the attention of anyone (newbie or oldie) that may have COMPLAINED or WISHED about it but have never actually voted for it.

OK, maybe I exaggerated above, maybe I'm just desperate

Thanks for replying AND for all those really cool presets and good info, etc.
Old 10-13-2011, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Str@man View Post
I asking that you actually VOTE, not just put a comment on the bottom of the page.....PLEASE
Respectfully,
Str@man
I just voted. Thanks for the reminder. I hope we get their attention.