Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools SE and Essential (Mac)

Old 12-24-2012, 11:08 PM

Default Can't hear any sound?

Hi, I'm a singer and I purchased Avid Recording Studio and have an AKG Perception 220 microphone. All my wires are connected, all the lights necessary are on.

I tried to do a test recording, and I could see the wavelengths from my voice recording and the bars bouncing up and down indicating to me the mic is receiving sound.

However when I stop recording and hit play I don't hear anything. Any help with this please? I'm not using any headphones, don't have any headphones plugged into the M-Audio amp. I'm not sure if that's a problem or not. I'm looking at the audio track and I do see where my vocal wavelengths were so I'm assuming it recorded, but again I don't hear anything on my Mac speakers when I hit play.
Old 12-24-2012, 11:14 PM

Default Re: Can't hear any sound?

I just tried Garage Band, and I can record and hear my vocals just fine. Can't say the same for Pro Tools SE though.
Old 12-25-2012, 10:53 AM

Default Re: Can't hear any sound?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasturB View Post
Hi, I'm a singer and I purchased Avid Recording Studio and have an AKG Perception 220 microphone. All my wires are connected, all the lights necessary are on.

I tried to do a test recording, and I could see the wavelengths from my voice recording and the bars bouncing up and down indicating to me the mic is receiving sound.

However when I stop recording and hit play I don't hear anything. Any help with this please? I'm not using any headphones, don't have any headphones plugged into the M-Audio amp. I'm not sure if that's a problem or not. I'm looking at the audio track and I do see where my vocal wavelengths were so I'm assuming it recorded, but again I don't hear anything on my Mac speakers when I hit play.

Hi,

Sounds like you haven't setup the interface fully to record and playback sound!

You make no mention as to whether you have assigned outputs on your track in the session so we can only guess where the problem lies.

I suggest viewing the SE help videos and checking everything is setup as they suggest..

This one might help... http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FbczjrB8NO8&feature=plpp

Check the other videos and see if they help you to understand how to setup PT better.

http://m.youtube.com/#/playlist?list...88C322B9&gl=GB

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.