Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-05-2014, 03:21 PM

Default Artist Transport not working with PT11

Hi everyone. I recently updated to Mavericks (on a new computer) and Pro Tools 11. I was coming from an old MacBook Pro running Snow Leopard and Pro Tools 10. My Artist Transport worked great but now it's not working at all with Pro Tools.

I have the most recent version of EuControl (3.1), I've turned off app nap on EuControl and Pro Tools and the transport actually works with itunes. So the computer is definitely seeing it.

When I launch Pro Tools the screen on the Transport says "Pro Tools 11Mac" but none of the buttons work. So I launch EuControl and try to re-map all the controls but that doesn't work. Say I try to map the top button above the wheel so that it acts as "Play" - I highlight it in EuControl, click command, click add, select wheel but then the only option on function is "TEST." Normally it has a slew of transport and scrub functions but there are none at all now, so I can't select play like I should be able to. If I want to map another button to a Eucon command and I select Eucon in the "Add..."-prompt and the details panes (where all the commands should be) are empty. So there's no way to assign functions and every single button is un-mapped for pro tools. But again, it works fine with iTunes.. so clearly the Eucon IS connecting properly.

I see that a lot of people are having a lot of issues with the Mix and the Control but my transport is just straight-up broken when it comes to Pro Tools 11 and haven't seen anyone with this issue. I was wondering if anyone has an Artist Transport working on Mavericks and/or Pro Tools 11. It's hard for me to tell if this is a Pro Tools 11 or a Mavericks thing because I had to switch to both at the same time. Any tips or info would be much appreciated!
Old 02-05-2014, 03:47 PM

Default Re: Artist Transport not working with PT11

4 units including Artist Transport working great here Mavericks 10.9.2 and 10.8.5 and EuCon 3.1. Macbook Pro Retina computers 2013.
All via WiFi from Internet Modem and wireless into macbooks.

Best Regards
Christopher

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————